It dawned on me that i was posting replies on this Forum without having the good manners to introduce myself so here goes !
My name is Mike Young, i'm a 50yr old (this year) Cat Sailor. My home sailing club is Port Edgar Yacht Club near Edinburgh, Scotland. I sail a Stealth (F16) which i've owned for 41/2 years. We have only 12 cats at our club of which 7 race regularly, our racing is mainly on Wednesday evenings but we can do some short course racing on Monday nights. In Scotland we have a 6 race series which visits various venues in Scotland and the North of England. We average about 24 boats at each event which comprise of Hurricane 5.9's, Dart 18's Spitfires and Stealths. I really only race for enjoyment and the after event sociality. I dont know what its like in other countries but in the UK in general catamarans are considered to be "old mens boats"but with the introduction of the F16 (which is how i refer to the Stealth now)we're able to demonstrate to the "Young Guns" that cats are great fun.
So having introduced myself i look forward to "meeting" the rest of you.
Regards Mike Young F16 GBR 513

Keen Cat Sailor