Thanks for so many useful tips! Macca, have you tested your Super T5.7 in heavy weather yet? Would have been interesting to get some feed-back! How has it done against other high-tech
boats?
I do agree with you Wouter that the sail robe for the T5.7 is outdated. My dad has already made a self-tacking system and bought a new jib that obviously does not overlap,though we have not had the chance to test it properly in a fair breeze. Also my dad is working on a kevlar/carbon- snuffer as we speak. These two modifications would do some good for the boat, don't you think? As far as the spi goes, would it not be necessary to change the whole rig in order to make it flatter and more "narrow" without loosing overall area? If you just shortened the foot, the whole spi would be smaller. I noticed that the new Hobie Tigers, even with almost a meter or so shorter mast, has the head spi point attached higher than the T5.7. This despite the fact that the Tigers have 2 sq.meters smaller spi's! Which truly underlines what you, Wouter, said, the T5.7's spi is too full and seems out-dated. So how make it more modern and flatter without changing the entire rig?