Ok, So after sailing the super taipan a few more times (been very busy with work..) we decided that the stock rudders were shithouse. whilst the helm was ok uphill it was [censored] scary downhill. heaps of lee helm and load. we tried different tricks like different rake on the blades, then we tried different pivot axis on the stocks but none worked as well as I had hoped.

So after some calls and emails to Marstrom a set of M20 rudders were ordered, they were meant to be ready at for shipment with my Tornado after the Europeans, but they got a bit busy and didn't have them built in time. Turned out to be a blessing in disguise cause the Tornado is still on the way here and the Rudders were airfreighted last week and today was the first day sailing with them.

Now the boat steers like it should! The tiller arms are shorter so it is very jumpy but I will adapt to that in no time. The helm is perfectly neutral uphill and down. the rudders feel awesome through the water. Oh and they look way cool (most important part)

some pics (wouter might want to put them in the post, cause I don't know how to. I own an IT consultancy too.....)

Attached Files
58298-P1320492.JPG (149 downloads)