Yep, I'm with you here, ofcourse the F16 tramp is not really the size of a Tornado one so on my boat proper "line-design and layout" is a must.

I'm slowly solving the spi sheet issue. Right now I have no more dragging lines; Now I'm working on having it lay flat and tensioned on the trampoline.

To give you an idea. I have trapeze line coming out the end of my beam and I run the sheet to the inside of them. Together with the snuffer ring and ratchetblocks this keeps the line on board. Then I have a bungee cord parallell to my rear beam at the very rear of my trampoline. I run a ring along it and I run my spi sheet through the ring. I want to do some more testing but it looks promising. Thing is that the ring can move side to side over the full length of the trampoline at the rear. This makes for a arc where not much line is taken out but the holding end of the sheet is moved considerable (about 2 to 3 mtr). This allows you to run with less slack in the line. Also the pull on it hardly changes because of it. If still more sheet is needed than the bungee will flex and give a few ft extra line.

More later I hope

Wouter

Last edited by Wouter; 05/23/05 10:16 AM.

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands