First of all, I'm impressed by the general knowledge of our group; we've got some pretty impressive readers of information here.

Second, to Matt's point on the sales: I'm the administrator for our Hobie Fleet and this year I've already got at least five requests from perspective members to find them a boat. I try to match them with good used boats whenever I can.

From my perspective, I agree with those members that think there is not enough free time. Double income earners are the norm, and this is a very time consuming sport. Plus, it is harder to find a beach to sail now; Our litigous environment has certainly started putting up roadblocks on anyone trying to have fun.

I see so many positives, though. Besides the interest in cat sailing in my area increasing, our recently formed (last year) J22 Fleet in Buffalo has just balooned to over 33 boats!

I see the glass half full, so I'll just top if off by adding ice.

America, what a wonderful country.

P.S. Timbo. I won't have my job replaced by someone for 10 cents an hour. I worked hard and committed to retiring at the age of 55; I'll never own a million dollar mansion on the waterfront, but I'm very happy doing the things I do; sailing, teaching skiing, working for my sailing fleet, and helping manage our little ski village.

Wyatt