Oh O.K. I thought that the event was an open event and that CRAM was an open club. I didn't realize that they were intentionally taking pictures of only their own boats because the dealer runs the event. Wonder if that type of bias is why not many hobies have showed up over the last few years? Like "Tigerboy" said...the Hobie numbers have dropped as well as the overall attendance numbers.

Looked at CRAM's website too a couple times over the last couple years and I don't think I've ever seeen a photo of a Hobie there either. Not that it matters to me cause I am not good enough to race...and my Hobie is a bit old anyway...but I find catamaran sailing exciting.

Can't speak for Catfight, I've never been. But the regattas I have been involved with running or volunteering for we don't got out of our way to appoint or hire a photographer. Fortunatly we have someone (Roy Laughlin) who takes pics and writes a little story. But, it's for his own site and he takes direction from nobody.

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that the local Nacra dealer is running event. Just that he/she took the pics and posted them.

From everything I have read and heard about Catfight is that it is an open to all event and from the sounds of it a damn good time.

Just chock it up to a dealer being a dealer. How many Hobie dealers go out of their way to promote Nacra's?

Take your Hobie to Catfight next year and take all the pics you want. I look forward to seeing them.

David Ingram
F18 USA 242
http://www.solarwind.solar

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"Excuses are the tools of the weak and incompetent" - Two sista's I overheard in the hall
"You don't have to be a brain surgeon to be a complete idiot, but it helps"