[quote]Hey Nick,

I actually carry your list of tools (not the Murrays tool) on the boat plus a rigging knife with a marlin spike (handy) - though my multitool is not a genuine Leatherman - nice. I use large stainless steel (spring loaded) carabiners from the hardware store to simply clip them to the underside of the tramp lacing...It looks like a chinese hardware store under there! - everything is hanging from the ceiling.

A question for you regarding the Hobie tool; on one end of the tool there is about a 1 inch long protrusion that is about 1/4 inch wide and concave/convex... I cannot figue out what the heck it is for. It looks real handy too -- I just don`t know for what...so - for now it remains UNHANDY!

Dave I have always used that protrousion for poping cams, I have also used it to pry on things on occasion but it bends pretty easily. I also dont carry a real leatherman, severall of my friends do carry them and I dont like them, instead i prefer to use a gerber multitool, they slide out. I have two, one which slides out manually and another which I dont like as much that pops out automatically, but the tools on that one are not as good. in any case I keep my tool in the pocket of my lifejacket and use it on an Hourly basis.

Everyone should beleive in something, I beleive I'll go Sailing.