While it is only a matter of time before an asymetrical "multihull" such as the one in the article above claims the outright sailing speed record from the windsurfer and most likely breaks 50kts, there is no comparison between the speeds of off the shelf windsurfers (the windsurfer rig used to set the speed record utilized a custom asymetrical sail) and production multi-hulls. The production speed record for windsurfers is in the 40 knt range (if I had my issue of Windsurfing Magazine with me I could state exactly what it is), and I doubt if there is a multi-hull out there, other than some wild multi-million dollar one off custom, that could even come close.

From the naish site:
"On Dec 3rd, 2003 the Naish Stealth, piloted by Finian Maynard, convincingly set a new 10m2 class WSSC world record. For a limited time, the Naish technology that made history will be available to the public."

ref.: http://www.naishsails.com/wind.html
Custom asymetrical sail
Some speed sailers said that they were using much stiffer batten and mast but the sails are pretty much stock. Top level racers used to have their sails made in company lost to insure better quality control.

I know that Eric Beale broke the 40 knots barrier with an asymetrical wishbone and a custom sail but since the sailmaker got almost no prestige out of that record, everybody reverted back to production sails.

The boards are all custom and there is a speed difference between a fast production board and a custom board but it is not really the speed that changes, it is the control of the board. However, it is possible that going with an asymetrical wishbone might wige then an extra 2%

Charles Leblanc Nacra 5.2 #26