One other thing, why is there no F18 class in the Tybee race? See?? They would rather race the I 20 in the ocean. Most of them will be on older boats but still faster and cheaper than a new F18.

As F18 has barely been around here for 4 years, it's hard to say if one might win a world championship. But you can probably bet that the sailor "Type A's" with the ability to win a championship will be on a shiny new boat year after year. Therfore you can't really proove it or use results as evidence. You guys (most of whom don't race F18) get SOOOO caught up in the differences of the boats and assume that it leads to a huge difference in performance. If you actually got out there and sailed at a Nationals or regional event, you would find that the equipment is a miniscual part of the equation. Developments will come and might make that 1-2% difference but how many of you are sailing to 99% of your potential?

As one person who sails both platforms (including N20's in the Tybee) I think it's only a matter of time before an F18 fleet assembles for the Tybee500. It's going to take an F18 person to act as a catalyst and some effort on part of the race committee. I would sail my F18 in the Tybee500 but will agree that the I20 is a bit more "off road ready" platform for this race. I sail the I20 in the race because it's the largest (only) class and I've been fortunate enough to have access to a boat.

Jake Kohl