This communication just received from David Adams at Changi Sailing Club, Singapore:

[color:"brown"] " [color:"blue"] The F-16 Global Challenge [/color]

We will be holding a major F-16 international sailing event in Singapore on the 7th to the 11th of February, 2007. This will be hosted by the Changi Sailing Club and is expected to attract an international fleet consisting of sailors from Europe, Australia, USA, South Africa and Asia. Boats that fall within the F-16 class (Taipans, Blades, Stealths, Mosquitoes, Spitfires and G-cats) are invited to join. Key aspects of the event are:

· The event will be held over 5 days with one rest day. It will start on Wednesday the 7th of February, 2007.

· The event will be held at a time of the year where winds are consistent and can be expected to be in the range of 15 to 20 knots.

· Corporate sponsorship is currently being engaged and significant prize money will be offered.

· Changi Sailing Club who will be hosting the event has the largest Taipan fleet in the world and first rate facilities that includes bars, restaurants, swimming pool, accommodation and good boat storage.

· The event will be held during the northern hemisphere “off season”. Conditions are warm in Singapore and offer a respite from the cold.

Singapore has an outstanding modern infrastructure, is a major transport hub and offers efficient and fast boat clearance. The costs of shipping boats will be significantly reduced if sailing clubs or individual sailors group together to hire shipping containers.

If you are interested in competing in this event or require further information please contact David Adams at dadams@kraftasia.com

For information on the Changi Sailing Club please visit our website:

www.csc.org.sg " [/color]

Having just returned from Singapore a week ago, I can thoroughly recommend the club, the people and the sailing!

We need to start getting some idea of who wants to go, and costings for containers/shipping so that we can get an approximate cost per boat.

I gather that it is unlikely there will be any charter F16s available so I'm afraid that shipping your own boat will be the only possibility.

John Alani