How will the prize money be distributed -- across how many places?

Just some thoughts of mine:
Big prize money may draw more attention to the event and even more sponsorship, but will it draw more sailors to race in the event? It might draw more of the top sailors, which is good. But it might turn away more of the "ordinary" racers who have the perception that racing for money tends to make the competition more "intense" (read cut-throat). Is that perception valid?

And even if it is not a valid perception, is it setting a bad precedent to have what is basically a world championship (global equals world), with money prizes?

For instance, if this became a trend, would people start choosing the regattas they are going to attend based upon how much prize money is being offered? And will it hurt regatta attendance at major events that do NOT offer money prizes?

At least it would be a way for Olympic contenders to help fund their Olympic campaigns.

On the other hand, maybe Olympic level sailors are not allowed to race in events with prize money (I don't know.) And if ISAF nixes this whole thing ("Global" tied in with money), maybe you will ONLY be able to get the ordinary racers who are not setting their sites on major ISAF events or the Olympics, PanAmericans, etc.

Just some things I wonder about. (I hope ISAF is not monitoring this forum.)