My old '79 Hobie-18 was the "Geriatric Blue Hobie", or "GBH". That's because it was a geriatric blue Hobie. People usually added something else to the name when they saw us sneaking up on them. Lots of miles and success with that boat, we liked to mention that our boat was old enough to drink.

My Hobie-20 was "WikiWiki", which is Hawaiian for "Fast". Whimsical and descriptive.

My 6.0 is "Katzenjammer", orginal inspiration from the "Katzenjammer Kids" comic from a "few" years ago about two mischievous kids ("adventures of Hans and Fritz, twins and fellow warriors in the battle against any form of authority"). Each hull can be a mischievous kid... It's German, meaning essentially the wailing of cats. I like that, but also that for me the name evokes cats and windjammers if pronounced in the usual butchering of foreign languages. I waited for the right boat for this name, subsequent boats of merit will be Katzenjammer II and so on.

The F-27 is "Tri-Pawed" because to me it is like a three hulled (legs) catamaran. Three-legged cat became Tri-Pawed in the obvious pun on tripod for a trimaran. This was my wife's contribution. Eventually a logo of a Pirate Terrier with a peg leg will be designed.