I have 1.8 Nacra Squares; one is "old school" and race ready. It has the old thinwall Nacra mast extrusion, seams on the hulls, a straight (unswept) spreader, and a Dacron pinhead sail. The boom currently attaches to mast about a foot above the deck. It has 6:1 mainsheet, 3:1 rotation limiter, and (somewhat interestingly) 3:1 traveller control.

The other one has the hulls de-seamed and in the process of being painted; it's supposed to have 10' beams but the ones I have now are 11'; and it has a 32' Marstrom Tornado aluminum mast. I've had a new sail made for it, out of smoke-grey Pentex, which is indistinguishable, except for size, from a modern A-class sail. The boom will be attached to the mast on this one too.

I have two telescoping trailers which require disassembly of the boats right now, but am setting up a tilter based on Mike Dobbs' "Full Tilt" Tornado trailer. Google "Dobbs full tilt" to see pictures. Also, Mike Coleman's 18 Square pages are still up somwhere, I think maybe on geocities.

I'm glad to have found this thread...I don't normally read the F18 forum!

Edit: Palin's Square is a copy of Lindahl's. Also, Lindahl's boat broke up a couple weeks ago in Houston, while being test-sailed by a (potential) new owner. Sad.

Last edited by Andrew; 04/12/06 08:54 AM.

Andrew Tatton Nacra 20 "Wiggle Stick" #266 Nacra 18 Square #12