thanks for the info guys. the truck is got a suped up engine, it is not stock by any means and has 4.88:1 gears, has lockers front and rear, with super swampers. i have had it in sand before, but not real soft sand. the wheels on the trailer look stock, i think maybe 8 inchers. the 16 and trailer cant weigh much more than 500?lbs. i dont know. i have talked to a lot of people and they say it can get real soft at about the 18 mile marker, and all the way to around 42 miles, then it starts to get a little more packed. i am an avid offroader and have all the equiptment for recovery...i mean i work at an off road shop so... i was curious to see if anyone had problems with the trailer plowing and just acting like an anchor. i could always unhook the trailer if something happened i guess.

i am right now in the process of rebuilding the trailer, i was going to get the bearing buddies, i had them on my other trailer, for the moto bikes. anyone ever put bigger tires on the trailer? like maybe a truck tire. i had an old military trailer i used to take when we went to our land cruiser runs, it had 33 inchers on it, that way i had the same tires and i put a land cruiser axle under it, for the fact i could have spare parts if needed. i had taken this trailer through rock crawling before, but it used a pintle hook and it flipped over if you loaded it up with a lot of stuff.

i have been trying to find expedition trucks and trailers that have gone through deserts, but no one is saying problems of taking a trailer.

anyway thanks for the help, or if you have any other ideas, please dont hesitate, thanks again.