the seclusion is half the reson for going there. i have located some flotation tires for the trailer, the truck is more than capable for the travel of the beach. and i will be going with quite a few other trucks, and i have a crap load of recovery gear winches etc. i have to lower the axle on the trailer, but more or less i am putting 31 inch floatation tires on it. i have been sailing for a little while here on the lakes, but never in the ocean, i am ready for more wind. i was looking into putting cattrax wheels on the trailer but it was cheaper to get my offroad buddies to donate sometires. these tires will keep a jeep up outta the sand so why not a 500lbs hobie and trailer. we will see, i am probably shooting myself in the foot, lol.

the other reason for going here besides the get away from everyone is the fact that my trucks only goes about 60 and this trip will take about 3-4 hours from my house, going to south padre is normally about 6 hours away, but in my truck it would take like 10, i was also going just to drive in the sand. if you havent seen the truck go to the first post, in the attachment, good fun stuff. pull the top off fold the windsheild down, take off the doors and go.