I keep my boat on the beach at t he end of my street. I've done it for 10 years with only a few problems. I completely understand your aggravation concerning set-up and break-down. You end up spending more time doing that than sailing. In the town of New Suffolk which borders on cutchogue harbor and leads to great peconic and little peconic bay has available mast up storage. This location has the added benefit of allowing you to participate in the weekly wednesday night races around Robins Island. There can be as many as 40 monoslugs out for this informal race. There are a few cats-including Steven Bellavia on his Hobie FX one who will give you a run for your money. This weekly race will also give you good experience in starting in a decent size fleet. The race is about 8 miles (long course) and should take you less than an hour. You will need to contact Michael Raynor who operates the yard there. I think you can reach him at the Mattituck inlet marina at 298-4480. One of our big races out here is on saturday, august 19th. We start from the southold yacht club and race around shelter island. Let me know if you have trouble contacting Michael Raynor.

G Gove Blade #728 Long Island, New Yawk