My point Wouter, if you read more than one page back is in regards to what make s a SUCCESSFUL class that VAILABLITY of parts IS an issue for NEWBIES wanting to make a decision for what class to go into. While YOUR mind is clear THIERS may not be and to ignore THAT reality is having your head in the sand in reagards to making F16 and easy choice and a successful class. My point about Hobie parts is that there ARE Hobie dealers and they ARE easy to find and the parts ARE easy to buy off the rack or order whereas F16 parts ARE NOT. That is REALITY as you call it. The main dealers of such things in Auckland, one of the biggest sailing cities of the World don't even know what F16 is! .
As far as the issues of this particular discussion it does not matter what you think Wouter, it matters what the newbie LOOKING IN sees not what you see looking out!
So,accepting that parts may be an issue for some newcomers a smaller class looking out might see it as very important to make finding and buying parts an easy path and make that clear with a website specific for parts World wide and help get that information to people looking into the sport and judging the realities of it. Or, on the other hand that sport could decide it is not a problem and not look to help those people and not create those paths to a decision for F16.
My Taipan 4.9 was under a thousand euros to buy because no one knows what it is or where to race it or where to get parts.
Don't be sorry Wouter, look up out of the boat at the whole story! ; )