Sorry if I seemed over the top on that, it just always seems to go that way. Everybody has their flaws for sure, and I don't believe and don't mean to sound like he's the second coming, but for some reason this man and boat seem to be demonized repeatedly, praise is something you very rarely hear, whilst others are the Gods.

The ride in the video did seem rough - I'd like to other boats in the class in the same conditions for comparison. Although it looks bad, I've seen some shots of the Volvo 70s and the open tris that looked similarly harsh. For sure any newer design should show improvement.

And in the Race, Playstation's failure was a new set of sails coming apart, and before any real stress was put on the boat in the Southern Ocean. The other boats suffered structural and gear failure there. For sure if Playstation had continued she might have seen some of that too, but we'll never know that. But she did put on what was a hell of an effort in setting the around the world record without breaking down. And as good as that was, if the newer boats didn't beat it it would have been surprising.

Last edited by Keith; 12/29/06 11:49 AM.