A lot of arm chair critics that know [email]f@#K[/email] all...... And I am not going to pretend I am anything but on this subject, however......

Fosset is a guy with some coin who uses it to get what he wants. Then he goes out and does it himself and not pays others to do it for him. This is a big $$$ game and you must have coin to play unless you are a rock star and somebody will pay you to do it.

Fosset is a man who does not hide behind his desk but looks forward to staring death and adventure stright in the eyes..... He is more of a man than a lot of people on this forum.

She was launched first of all boats designed for The Race yet they didn't use that advantage to tune, practise, iron out bugs... Why?

LOL...... Did not undergo sea trials, tune, iron out bugs.... They crossed fuckin oceans before the race.... Learnt how to sail and how had to push this new breed of cat. From this they leant that they needed to extend the bows. She had the best prep out of any of the boats in the Race....LOL. Some people should study up before dribling from the mouth.

Groundbreaking..... Playstation was the first of the Super Maxis... Exploring the limits of what can be manualy handled (no power winches) as per The Race rules. Boats of this size had not been built before, therefore loads and sailing characteristics were unknown. Yes they could get a bit of an idea from crunching figures and computer tests, but real life sea trials is where you find out if you have built it to heavy or too fragile or too hard to sail..... If that [censored] is not groundbreaking, then I don't know what is. I also believe these cats were the first to use water balast in the transomes or as they called it, the 'Oh [censored] Tanks'.

If anybody has not read the book 'The Race', then I would recomend picking up a copy. It gives you a very good insight into the development of these boats, the concept of 'The Race' and the unique sailing experiences that was encounted buy the guys who pioneered not only Maxi Cat racing but cat racing around the world form the early days up till The Race.