Originally Posted by "dingram"

If you guys want race straight up with the F18's, then bring it. If you want to be scored seperate or you want to keep your dpn, then you aren't bringing anything to the table that I'm interested in.

Even if we are on the same start, I'm still only going to race those in my class. Again, when would I ever want to engage someone I'm not racing against?

I'm in for straight up racing. My only sugestions was that because it is midwinters for the class and a Harken seriers race a separate class score be tracked as well.

It makes no sense to put boats of drastically dissimilar performance together on a start. (Waves vs I20) If they have the capability to be in the same ball park, then we are doing ourselves a disservice to separate into a million splinter groups. If I am on a course, I am judging my performance by those around me whether they are in the same boat or not. There are people I will most likely not beat no matter what boat I am on, but that does not mean I don't try. There is a range of ability in all of the classes and has nothing to do with the hull length. The good teams are going to win the start and the bad teams are going to get rolled by somebody.

I'm comming down for the party anyway so all this is a little moot. Sailing is a social thing for me. I do not get money for this, but I do have competitve nature so on the water I will try to beat whoever is close to me. We do not have enough numbers to be elitist. You sail together, you have the same stories about what happened to who afterwards. There are no huge fleets of C fleet anymore. New sailors coming in are having to race with guys with years of experieince. If the last place I20 team has a great battle all weekend with the last place F16 team then who cares if they are not in the same "class", it was good racing and they probably both learned lots.

M2C

Matt

You're the Mattador from now on.