[/quote]This is what really really really really pisses me the hell off about mac users. They sit there from the top of their ivory tower, in the club house that can only be accessed via some special mac-owners password. They look down upon the PC world with some sort of elitist **** attitude as if they are somehow more enlightened than the rest of the planet because they bought a shiney white box. Its truely annoying.

A few things to realize: The reason why spyware and virii exist for windows almost exclusively, is because they overwhelming majority of the computers out there run windows. If you're a pimply-faced angry white geek wanting to secure your hacker name in the annals of IT infamy, you'll be hitting the target-rich environments. If put in his shoes, wouldn't you want to try and cripple huge corporate networks as opposed to a relative spattering of artists' lofts?

Second: OSX+ runs on a *nix backbone. If you don't think there are vulnerabilities in that then you're kidding yourself. The reason you don't hear about them is because, again, the news doesn't report it when a spattering of servers get infected with a worm. I had to patch my linux machine on a WEEKLY basis (not an easy feat) back when I used it for an IPchains box or suffer the fate of all the roving worms that constantly tried to exploit it.

In short, Mac Elitist snobs hurt my brain. [/quote]
Gosh, if I’d known that anyone would be “really really really” pissed off I wouldn’t have posted an answer. Mac users don’t reside in a cloistered ivory tower. We heartily invite any and all to try a Mac and see if your user experience improves.

As to slime ball hackers, they do go after target rich environments. But, think about the first one who actually cracks a Mac. Big time deal to the pimply-faced angry white geeks.

Every OS has vulnerabilities. Fortunately, the Macs have avoided having theirs exploited.

I ran a corporate demo center that used Sun, Dell and Mac clients to demo data storage and caching systems. Even in an environment where we were behind virtual bulletproof firewalls, the PCs were the worst to maintain. The Suns were good as long as the application support engineers kept their hands off and the Macs just kept humming along.

My only complaint with Macs is because of their limited market penetration in the business vertical, they have limited applications availability.

US Sail Level 2 Instructor
US Sail Level 3 Coach