I've tested Vista somewhat, it runs OK on my IBM X40, but it is more sluggish than XP is. We will not put Vista into production at work before we absolutely have to tough. For the time being, 2000 and 2003 is the workhorse on the Windows servers we have. I am exposed to Microsoft products all day long at work, running and supporting a 40 node WAN based on XP workstations and Citrix servers where the services are critical for operations. I have also worked some years with software development on Windows. I think I know a bit or two about Microsoft products and the company. Remember "Trusted computing"? I have also followed the media industry, and watched their throes since the Internet boomed. Itunes DRM is nothing compared to what they want to put in place.

Your 'evidence' is based on the narrow bit of Vista you have been exposed to, that is probably why I bother going trough all this with you, trying to demonstrate for you that there is more to it. I dont know exactly why I bother, but if nobody starts asking questions about DRM (Digital Restriction Mechanisms, not "Digital Rights Management"), you'll be surprised in a couple of years.
Bill Gates himself think the computer will be the entertainment centre at home in the near future, and I totally agree. But there is more to DRM than just media and entertainment, as spelled out in the document referenced.

I dont know enough about Wal-Mart to say much, most of what I know is what I have slumped by on Slashdot. Never stopped by a Wal-Mart store while in the US.
Rolph is probably how you would pronounce my name anyway, most who speak english natively do. I dont mind as long as it is not pronounced "[censored]" etc.. Sorry if I misspelled your nick, didn't know it meant that much to you. I'll take care in the future.