You'd be nuts to adopt Vista in production at eve of its release. Hell, we JUST now went to XP.

as for this:

but if nobody starts asking questions about DRM (Digital Restriction Mechanisms, not "Digital Rights Management"), you'll be surprised in a couple of years.

Perhaps I'll be suprised, however I'm willing to jump off the MS bandwagon as soon as I'm displeased with their product. If the sky is indeed going to fall as you seem convinced to think it will, alternate technologies will undoubtedly be available to please those who are displeased with Vista and Gates' vision of planetary conquest.

That paper however, does not convince me. His one-sided arguments can easily be taken from another, less condemning angle.

As for my cabin fever...
<pityparty>
I'll admit I'm stressed out beyond all reasonable measures. Today, I told a vendor that they were "crazy and wreckless" by sending me a confidential clinical laboratory import data in an excel file. I nearly went off on a coworker who basically was trying to throw me under the bus for her own shortcomings and timeline mismanagement. My sailing situation is equally fustrating. After getting the N20, I've found nobody willing to sign up and campaign the boat with me actively as a team - a tribute to my charming personality I'm sure. So it sits in Layline's parking lot. So to say I'm fustrated isn't that far from the truth. I'd rather be sailing than being forced to vegitate in front of these 4 monitors every day and pretending that I like reading email.
</pityparty>

to top it off, my keyboard batteries are dying .,. gah!