09/16/08 09:50 AM
09/16/08 09:50 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Relying on the good judgement of the PRO is what has gotten us into this mess in the first place. You cannot count on good judgement from the PRO. I have heard a PRO disparage people who didn't want to race as many races as possible. That is not what Hobie racing should be about. The only way to ensure that the system is not abused is to put a maximum number of races into the NOR and SIs. For people (and PROs) who want more races, they can hold extra "fun" races for bottles of rum or something like that.
E. Cleveland

-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: 7 races per day in championship... Fair??? [Re: ] #154938
09/16/08 10:38 AM
09/16/08 10:38 AM
Detroit, MI
mbounds Offline
Pooh-Bah
mbounds  Offline
Pooh-Bah

Detroit, MI
Relying on the good judgement of the PRO is what has gotten us into this mess in the first place. You cannot count on good judgement from the PRO. I have heard a PRO disparage people who didn't want to race as many races as possible. That is not what Hobie racing should be about. The only way to ensure that the system is not abused is to put a maximum number of races into the NOR and SIs. For people (and PROs) who want more races, they can hold extra "fun" races for bottles of rum or something like that.
E. Cleveland

It's pretty obvious you have an axe to grind with PU, Liza.

Get over it. He's not going to be running Hobie 16 NA's again. I will - at least next year. I've heard your concerns, as well as Mike's (since I was the PRO at the event mentioned above) and will take them into consideration when running future events.

I also think it's time you sat in the hot seat once in a while. You should take the US Sailing courses and become a certified race officer - you certainly have an opinion of what a good one should be.

Re: 7 races per day in championship... Fair??? [Re: mbounds] #154939
09/16/08 11:59 AM
09/16/08 11:59 AM
Branford, CT
rhodysail Offline
old hand
rhodysail  Offline
old hand

Branford, CT
E. Cleveland

Get over it. He's not going to be running Hobie 16 NA's again. I will - at least next year. I've heard your concerns, as well as Mike's (since I was the PRO at the event mentioned above) and will take them into consideration when running future events.

I also think it's time you sat in the hot seat once in a while. You should take the US Sailing courses and become a certified race officer - you certainly have an opinion of what a good one should be.

That's not exactly a fair comment. Each person contributes to the class in their own way and Liza's has been significant as Membership Chair for two years. You can't support an argument that denies someone the right to have an opinion and you can't blow off every criticism as having an axe to grind.
At any rate I think we have beaten this to death. It's time to see something happen.

Re: 7 races per day in championship... Fair??? [Re: mbounds] #154940
09/16/08 12:06 PM
09/16/08 12:06 PM
“an island in the Pacifi...
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

“an island in the Pacifi...

When all else fails blame the messenger.

US Sail Level 2 Instructor
US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: 7 races per day in championship... Fair??? [Re: hobie1616] #154941
09/16/08 02:14 PM
09/16/08 02:14 PM
Syracuse,N.Y
pbisesi Offline
enthusiast
pbisesi  Offline
enthusiast

Syracuse,N.Y
Lets play nice kids.
It sounds like most if not all other classes have set limits.
All sports have some duration (Innings, quarters, time, points).
I would hope our new regime will look at the constructive ideas and set some rules.
Maybe it's just me, but I don't think an event becomes better because 6 or 7 races are done in a day regardless of the following days forecast.
You know who wins after 6 races?.... You know who wins after 16 races?
Someone really good.

Keeping the nightly social events fun is as big a part of a successful event as the racing. IMO of course.

Pat Bisesi Fleet 204
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 402 guests, and 80 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,405
Posts267,056
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022