11/12/08 10:32 AM
11/12/08 10:32 AM
Long Beach, California
John Williams Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
John Williams  Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel

Long Beach, California
I promise to follow up on GA stuff in another thread. Still in the EU and internet has been spotty, but I think I have decent access for the next couple of days from Varona.

Short answer is that, yes, current members can "convert" their regular membership to show up under the Multihill Council Golden Anchor (MHC GA). Doesn't do much other than help us figure out how many members are sailing multihulls.

However! New and renewing members save money on their membership, get all the same benefits, and we get credits through the USSA store for merchandise - I'm waiting to see how much we earned this year, and we'll figure out how best to spend it. I expect around $100-150 or so. I'm proposing to the MHC that we either use it to subsidize the Area Reps' purchase of medals for the Qualifiers, or we can set up a new annual award for leadership in a regional fleet or something.

The MHC GA has two anniversary dates - March and September. If you're about to expire and want to get the most bang-for-the-buck, you can wait until after January 1st to renew, which will get you through March 2010. After that, you're back to a 12-month schedule.

Hope that gets to the initial questions - there is a new GA promotion out that I will be posting links to in the next few days.

More later... Ciao!

John Williams

- The harder you practice, the luckier you get -
Gary Player, pro golfer

After watching Lionel Messi play, I realize I need to sail harder.
-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: Multihull Council Golden Anchor?... [Re: John Williams] #160217
11/12/08 01:45 PM
11/12/08 01:45 PM
West coast of Norway
Rolf_Nilsen Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Rolf_Nilsen  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

West coast of Norway
Varona? Verona - Italy? Dont flirt with girls there if their brothers have knife scars wink And dont drink the grappa.. Or DO drink the grappa!!

If you have time to give us the executive brief in itemized form from the ISAF meeting.. It would be very interesting.

Re: Multihull Council Golden Anchor?... [Re: Rolf_Nilsen] #160267
11/12/08 05:40 PM
11/12/08 05:40 PM
Long Beach, California
John Williams Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
John Williams  Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel

Long Beach, California
Yep - Verona Italy... the Grappa bites. We are on our wedding anniversary trip. Leah has a conference here so I am playing tourist.

There is a full ISAF debrief coming - I also am pleased to have met Claus, who frequents Catsailor.

One thing I was reminded to make clear - The Commission's recommendations are made to the Executive, not the Council. We hope to see our recommendations carried through to the actual voting on issues, but there are no guarantees at this foot-in-the-door stage of things. I hope I did not give the impression that the recommendations we made are ISAF policy. There is more yet to do, and the voting continues this week.

John Williams

- The harder you practice, the luckier you get -
Gary Player, pro golfer

After watching Lionel Messi play, I realize I need to sail harder.
Re: Multihull Council Golden Anchor?... [Re: John Williams] #160270
11/12/08 05:46 PM
11/12/08 05:46 PM
claus Offline
claus  Offline

Pleased to meet you too John. It was a nice opportunity to get some multihullers together, and things are moving which is good. Hopefully MHC recommendations will be taken into account by the Executive...

Re: Multihull Council Golden Anchor?... [Re: John Williams] #160280
11/12/08 07:03 PM
11/12/08 07:03 PM
GISCO Offline
journeyman
GISCO  Offline
journeyman

John,
After 20+ years with USYRU & USSA it's great to see that we still have a multihull council and represent us at ISAF. It now seems all worthwhile. You are doing a great job for us and it's really appreciated. Keep up the good work and good luck.

Gordon

Re: Multihull Council Golden Anchor?... [Re: John Williams] #160355
11/13/08 04:10 PM
11/13/08 04:10 PM
Florida, Pnellas, USA
dartfast Offline
dartfast  Offline

Florida, Pnellas, USA
John,
Thanks for the Golden Anchor information. Just what I wanted in your usual expert and timely mannor.

Terry
Re: Multihull Council Golden Anchor?... [Re: John Williams] #160382
11/14/08 09:28 AM
11/14/08 09:28 AM
R
rexdenton Offline
enthusiast
rexdenton  Offline
enthusiast
R

Originally Posted by John Williams
Yep - Verona Italy... the Grappa bites. We are on our wedding anniversary trip. Leah has a conference here so I am playing tourist.

There is a full ISAF debrief coming - I also am pleased to have met Claus, who frequents Catsailor.

One thing I was reminded to make clear - The Commission's recommendations are made to the Executive, not the Council. We hope to see our recommendations carried through to the actual voting on issues, but there are no guarantees at this foot-in-the-door stage of things. I hope I did not give the impression that the recommendations we made are ISAF policy. There is more yet to do, and the voting continues this week.

Thanks John. We look forward to the complete report.

Nacra F18 #856
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 668 guests, and 124 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,404
Posts267,055
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022