06/08/09 07:59 AM
couldn't resist it
Codblow Offline OP
enthusiast
Codblow  Offline OP
enthusiast

couldn't resist it
http://www.sculpt-on-line.co.uk/#trophey

The 2009 inaugural STEALTH OPEN SCOTTISH CHAMPIONSHIP is being held at Helensburgh Sailing Club 20/21st June incorporated into the 2009 SNECCA OPEN SCOTTISH CHAMPIONSHIPS , THe Stealth scottish is open to ALL types of stealth (designed or built by John Pierce ) THe SNECCA fleet caters for ALL other types of catamarans , HSC has built a new clubhouse especially for this event , and a unique sculpted trophy for the winning STEALTH was commissioned from www.sculpt-on-line.co.uk for perpetual competition
see you there .

-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: STEALTH OPEN SCOTTISH CHAMPIONSHIP 2009 [Re: Codblow] #181339
06/08/09 09:01 AM
06/08/09 09:01 AM
France
pepin Offline
old hand
pepin  Offline
old hand

France
Mmm, A little more advance warning would have been nice. We did discuss the UK f16 (I think all stealth but yours are F16) calendar of events a long time ago on the formula16.net site... There's no way I can make any regatta on such short notice, and I'm sure I'm not the only one...

You're going to win a really nice trophy I think smile

Last edited by pepin; 06/08/09 09:02 AM.
Re: STEALTH OPEN SCOTTISH CHAMPIONSHIP 2009 [Re: pepin] #181351
06/08/09 09:38 AM
06/08/09 09:38 AM
couldn't resist it
Codblow Offline OP
enthusiast
Codblow  Offline OP
enthusiast

couldn't resist it
I wish ! ,Nothing in da bag till its in da bag !,and by the "law of Sod " i would bet against it , 16's are givin me a good run for my money and woodn't bet against them smile
By the way JP made 3 or 4 (guess ) platforms like mine with different rigs and many variations on the 16 platform and not all f16 , stealths were about before f16 (heads down !) such as type R etc (I've even some old stealth Tomcat hulls in garden - 16 with skegs !), and early ones built by ovington , hence "designed or built by John Pierce" to encompass the whole JP family , sorry about late notice (though has been on SNECCA website for months ) , didn't think anyone really would travel up (in the current climate ) was going to run innaugural last year and advertised well in advance , guess what - only one entry - shelved it smile

This year we have 4 stealths (no two exactly alike ) at HSC and possibly 6 in total in scotland so we SHOULD see at least a 66.7% turnout - haven't heard a peep from others .

Just taken delivery of lovely bit of flat carbon plate to engrave for the trophy .

It will be up for grabs again next year smile

Just thought I would help www.sculpt-on-line.co.uk get some shameless exposure for their new venture in thanks for creating and donating trophy.

Last edited by Codblow; 06/08/09 09:42 AM.
Re: STEALTH OPEN SCOTTISH CHAMPIONSHIP 2009 [Re: Codblow] #181633
06/10/09 10:20 AM
06/10/09 10:20 AM
Mumbles Y.C Wales U.K
Mark P Offline
old hand
Mark P  Offline
old hand

Mumbles Y.C Wales U.K
Is Micheal your brother? When they mention aerated concrete surely they mean a Thermalite or Celcon building block [:-)
I can't make it either as my trusty old van would probably collapse (and you know how that feels), maybe next year. I have very fond memories of Helensborough when I attended a GP14 Nationals there in the early nineties, shocking results right up to the last race when we had a flyer. Is the ship wreck still being used as a spacer mark?
I'll be flying up to Scotland mid August for a week, staying at Rosemarkie are there any Cat Clubs in that area as I can't see any little sails on my Atlas.
Have a good Summer and I hope you have good weather for your Championships. Might see you Codblow.

Last edited by Mark P; 06/10/09 10:26 AM.

MP*MULTIHULLS
Re: STEALTH OPEN SCOTTISH CHAMPIONSHIP 2009 [Re: Mark P] #181698
06/11/09 05:27 AM
06/11/09 05:27 AM
couldn't resist it
Codblow Offline OP
enthusiast
Codblow  Offline OP
enthusiast

couldn't resist it
How did you guess , yup Michael my bro , thats how I managed to persuade him to carve our trophy yup its out of a building block,building a class makes it quiet apt. his on line sculpt service is a new venture , and hes been sculpting for many years .

F16s at HSC were running rings round me last night , i need to lose a few stone smile

Checked out Rosemarkie , unfortunately , cat sailing in Scotland is at a quiet low at the moment , HSC being the only club I know with active cat class racing ,Rosemarkie is heading into wilderness territory !, cat racing on east coast was at Peterhead , Aberdeen & Stonehaven,Tay, Dalgetty Bay , Port Edgar on the Forth (some moss covered stealths there ) East Lothian , but you never hear much about them .Nearest sailing club to Rosemarkie - perhaps Findhorn Sc , not sure if any cats there though ,they hosted SNECCA traveller a few years ago .

Rosemarkie is however nr Loch Ness where the Monster Cat Race is scheduled (to be comfirmed ) to be held on English bank holiday in August . Also in August is Cumbraes weekend at Largs which is a sSNECCA traveller , a cracking event , course racing on saturday sunday race around Cumbrae Islands with whole fleet dinghies and keelboats , plus two nights of debauchery ;)22/23rd

Other cat sailing venues in scotland - Largs - tons of cats in dinghy park , only one racing , Prestwick , Solway firth .

Seems a while from heady days when we had 20 odd 5.9s racing in fleets of 30 to 40 odd at SNECCA travellers .

PS Wreck still there , we have a speed event using wreck as one end of course and mark off club as other 2 miles apart either way , call it the "Barking Challenge " http://groups.google.com/group/HSC-Dinghy-Sailing/web/the-barking-challenge

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 686 guests, and 95 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,405
Posts267,056
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022