07/23/11 09:59 AM
07/23/11 09:59 AM
Atlanta
bvining Offline OP
veteran
bvining  Offline OP
veteran

Atlanta
I took off my spreaders last weekend to adjust them, but they are all froze up. I managed to move one and now I cant get it to move back. Too much leverage will bust them as they are aluminum. I've tried all manner of sprays, heat, cold, etc.

What I need to do now is replace them. Murrays is out of the Nacra type spreaders. I'm a bit concerned the Proctor style wont support the loads. AHPC has a F18 Proctor style adjustable set, but I havent found a set in the US.

Does anyone have a set like this that they want to sell? They are APHC Tornado spreaders. Is anyone running Proctor spreaders on F18, F20, F18HT?

Before I start fabricating something, I'd like to buy some adjustable ones.

Thanks for the help.

Attached Files
Spreader 3.jpg (128 downloads)
-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: Spreader help needed [Re: bvining] #235159
07/24/11 06:51 PM
07/24/11 06:51 PM
South Carolina
Jake Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Jake  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

South Carolina
Originally Posted by bvining
I took off my spreaders last weekend to adjust them, but they are all froze up. I managed to move one and now I cant get it to move back. Too much leverage will bust them as they are aluminum. I've tried all manner of sprays, heat, cold, etc.

What I need to do now is replace them. Murrays is out of the Nacra type spreaders. I'm a bit concerned the Proctor style wont support the loads. AHPC has a F18 Proctor style adjustable set, but I havent found a set in the US.

Does anyone have a set like this that they want to sell? They are APHC Tornado spreaders. Is anyone running Proctor spreaders on F18, F20, F18HT?

Before I start fabricating something, I'd like to buy some adjustable ones.

Thanks for the help.

I'm pretty sure the proctor spreaders are the same as what AHPC and Vectorworks (sorry, Falcon Marine) supplies on their boats. Most A-cats are using Proctor (mine are).

Jake Kohl
Re: Spreader help needed [Re: Jake] #235178
07/25/11 11:31 AM
07/25/11 11:31 AM
Toledo, Ohio (western end of ...
Mike Fahle Offline
addict
Mike Fahle  Offline
addict

Toledo, Ohio (western end of ...
Before you give up on the current spreaders, try soaking them in a mild acidic solution. If they are corroded together, the salts can be loosened with a change in pH. It won't hurt to try if you have already written them off and it has worked for me in other applications. Add an occasional stirring over at least a 24 hour period or until success. If it does work, then lubricate. Good luck!

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 399 guests, and 86 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,404
Posts267,055
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022