10/28/11 02:40 AM
Thailand
Buccaneer Offline
veteran
Buccaneer  Offline
veteran

Thailand
Are you pissing in the wind again Hopey? grin

"House prices have risen by nearly 25 percent over the past two years. Although speculative activity has increased in some areas, at a national level these price increases largely reflect strong economic fundamentals." – Ben Bernanke – 2005
-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: Drill Baby thread split..... [Re: Buccaneer] #239472
10/28/11 12:32 PM
10/28/11 12:32 PM
Key Largo, FL and Put-in-Bay, ...
RickWhite Offline

Carpal Tunnel
RickWhite  Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Trouble with starting a new thread is ya'll must have been heading for some sort of record. I know it was slow, but it is much faster loading now that we went to a faster server and upgraded the forum.
Rick

Rick White
Catsailor Magazine & OnLineMarineStore.com
www.onlinemarinestore.com
Re: Drill Baby thread split..... [Re: Todd_Sails] #239483
10/29/11 08:28 AM
10/29/11 08:28 AM
42.904444 N; 88.008586 W
Todd_Sails Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
Todd_Sails  Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel

42.904444 N; 88.008586 W
Aye, aye captain!

F-18 Infusion
#626- SOLD it!

'Long Live the Legend of Chris Kyle'
Re: Drill Baby thread split..... [Re: RickWhite] #239485
10/29/11 09:05 AM
10/29/11 09:05 AM
Roanoke Island ,N.C.
Team_Cat_Fever Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Team_Cat_Fever  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Roanoke Island ,N.C.
Originally Posted by RickWhite
Trouble with starting a new thread is ya'll must have been heading for some sort of record. I know it was slow, but it is much faster loading now that we went to a faster server and upgraded the forum.
Rick

Rick,
The hit count whore in you is showing. Now these same 4 people get to post in 2 threads that have nothing to do with sailing on a sailing forum. I don't go to the political forum sites to talk sailing,not sure why they want to talk politics here unless the political sites are just over their head.

"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White
Re: Drill Baby thread split..... [Re: Team_Cat_Fever] #239495
10/29/11 03:08 PM
10/29/11 03:08 PM
RickWhite Offline

Carpal Tunnel
RickWhite  Offline

Carpal Tunnel

"Hit-Count-Whore?" Ouch. You have to admit, however, that all the political stuff going on has an effect on sailing, i.e., the economy struggling has almost put this site and the store out of business.
If it weren't for my getting into commercial real estate and buying apartment complexes for investors, It would probably be shut down or sold.

Plus, I sort of enjoy some of the debates, when there are some, although there has been more bashing lately than debates, I must admit.
Rick

Rick White
Catsailor Magazine & OnLineMarineStore.com
www.onlinemarinestore.com
Re: tightening the noose.. [Re: Todd_Sails] #240417
11/23/11 01:52 PM
11/23/11 01:52 PM
“an island in the Pacifi...
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Due to a site memory issue I can't reply on the deux thread so...

Originally Posted by Just Todd
Hilarious Big Ears..

Why do you think its appropriate to make fun of someone's physical appearance Todd? How would you like it if the President did the same? It might go something like this.

"I'd like to send a shout out to Todd in Wisconsin. Todd likes to comment about my ears. I'd like to comment about his dome. That baby is so shiny it could be used as an emergency beacon for a downed airliner. It's obvious that Todd is into green programs as he has a solar collector on his head. Todd never needs keys as he's lost his locks. When Todd wears a turtleneck sweater he looks like a roll on deodorant. Todd reminds me of the beater I drove in college. All the tires were bald."

US Sail Level 2 Instructor
US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: tightening the noose.. [Re: hobie1616] #240418
11/23/11 01:59 PM
11/23/11 01:59 PM
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Any surprise here Todd?

Fox News Viewers Know Less Than People Who Don't Watch Any News: Study

Fox News viewers are less informed than people who don't watch any news, according to a new poll from Fairleigh Dickinson University.

The poll surveyed New Jersey residents about the uprisings in Egypt and the Middle East, and where they get their news sources. The study, which controlled for demographic factors like education and partisanship, found that "people who watch Fox News are 18-points less likely to know that Egyptians overthrew their government" and "6-points less likely to know that Syrians have not yet overthrown their government" compared to those who watch no news.

Overall, 53% of all respondents knew that Egyptians successfully overthrew Hosni Mubarak and 48% knew that Syrians have yet to overthrow their government.

Dan Cassino, a political science professor at Fairleigh Dickinson, explained in a statement, "Because of the controls for partisanship, we know these results are not just driven by Republicans or other groups being more likely to watch Fox News. Rather, the results show us that there is something about watching Fox News that leads people to do worse on these questions than those who don’t watch any news at all."

This isn't the first study that has found that Fox News viewers more misinformed in comparison to others. Last year, a study from the University of Maryland found that Fox News viewers were more likely to believe false information about politics.

This confirms it.

Fox's Megyn Kelly has been taking some heat (hi-yo!) for what looks like her dismissal of the seriousness of the UC Davis pepper spraying incident and other similar incidents around the country by asserting that pepper spray, "is a food product, essentially."

US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: Lady MacDeath [Re: Buccaneer] #240430
11/23/11 07:21 PM
11/23/11 07:21 PM
Gainesville, FL 32607 USA
dacarls Offline
old hand
dacarls  Offline
old hand

Gainesville, FL 32607 USA
A post back yonder said about Quadaffi being shot by Libyans, "It was a tribal killing, ordered by the US..."
Say what? In the middle of the friggin' desert, their little AM radio said in Arabic, "I am Barack Obama and I want you to shoot Quadaffi!"
Someone is really deranged.

Last edited by dacarls; 11/23/11 07:24 PM.

Dacarls:
A-class USA 196, USA 21, H18, H16
"Nothing that's any good works by itself. You got to make the damn thing work"- Thomas Edison
Re: tightening the noose.. [Re: hobie1616] #240489
11/25/11 08:16 PM
11/25/11 08:16 PM
Thailand
Buccaneer Offline
veteran
Buccaneer  Offline
veteran

Thailand
Actually Bush has some pretty big ears. Maybe they are related... grin

Originally Posted by hobie1616
Due to a site memory issue I can't reply on the deux thread so...

Hilarious Big Ears..

Why do you think its appropriate to make fun of someone's physical appearance Todd? How would you like it if the President did the same? It might go something like this.

"I'd like to send a shout out to Todd in Wisconsin. Todd likes to comment about my ears. I'd like to comment about his dome. That baby is so shiny it could be used as an emergency beacon for a downed airliner. It's obvious that Todd is into green programs as he has a solar collector on his head. Todd never needs keys as he's lost his locks. When Todd wears a turtleneck sweater he looks like a roll on deodorant. Todd reminds me of the beater I drove in college. All the tires were bald."

"House prices have risen by nearly 25 percent over the past two years. Although speculative activity has increased in some areas, at a national level these price increases largely reflect strong economic fundamentals." – Ben Bernanke – 2005
Re: Lady MacDeath [Re: dacarls] #240490
11/25/11 08:26 PM
11/25/11 08:26 PM
Thailand
Buccaneer Offline
veteran
Buccaneer  Offline
veteran

Thailand
Quadaffi was also sodomized before being shot.. blush

Say what? In the middle of the friggin' desert, their little AM radio said in Arabic, "I am Lady MacDeath and I want you to sodomize Quadaffi!"

Originally Posted by dacarls
A post back yonder said about Quadaffi being shot by Libyans, "It was a tribal killing, ordered by the US..."
Say what? In the middle of the friggin' desert, their little AM radio said in Arabic, "I am Barack Obama and I want you to shoot Quadaffi!"

Re: Lady MacDeath [Re: Todd_Sails] #240496
11/26/11 10:01 AM
11/26/11 10:01 AM
42.904444 N; 88.008586 W
Todd_Sails Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
Todd_Sails  Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel

42.904444 N; 88.008586 W
Ya know, I started this thread due to slow page loading speed, which has been fixed. I'm back on the other thread now.

We need a political forum, maybe Politicat, or the Catseye, ot something like that to take it off the General Forum.

F-18 Infusion
#626- SOLD it!

'Long Live the Legend of Chris Kyle'
Re: Lady MacDeath [Re: Todd_Sails] #240499
11/26/11 11:03 AM
11/26/11 11:03 AM
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Of course the anti-christ doesn't mention God is his Turkey Day speech, as far as he's concerned, he IS God.

Oh gawd Todd, you're such a whiner. Do you and the truckers pray to Cummins and Peterbilt?

US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: Lady MacDeath [Re: hobie1616] #240500
11/26/11 11:34 AM
11/26/11 11:34 AM
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Have you been busy Todd?

Pro-Recall Group Outs Facebook Page That Boasts About Destroying Signatures

Wisconsin recall supporters outed an anonymous Facebook group called Operation Burn Notice on Tuesday as a coordinated effort designed to destroy petitions signed to force Gov. Scott Walker and other Wisconsin Republicans out of office.

Scot Ross, executive director of One Wisconsin Now, denounced the anonymous group, in a Madison press conference.

"We cannot allow democracy to be threatened by those who would illegally destroy recall petitions with valid signatures on them," Ross said. "We intend to keep the public informed about its rights during the signature gathering process and alert those who would engage in illegal conduct that they do so at their own peril."

One Wisconsin Now, a pro-recall group, is offering a reward for anyone who outs a person destroying signatures. The group also wants the public to know the rules with regards to the recall petition process and released a memo addressing myths that have been circulating around the recall process.

Ross said the purpose of the reward was to get leads on people destroying petitions until Jan. 14, which is the date the recall committees have to turn in the petitions to the Government Accountability Board.

Destroying or defacing petitions is a felony, which carries a $10,000 fine and up to three-and-a-half years in jail.

The group, which said they are for a fair and clean election, also sent a letter to Ismael Ozanne, the Dane County District Attorney, which notified the office of a Facebook page called Operation Burn Notice.

The letter cited several Operation Burn Notice posts that bragged about having destroyed 148,764 signatures as of Sunday.

One post stated Saturday:

The fires have been extinguished and the ashes spread. It was a very good day for a Sunday. To date, Operation Burn Notice has destroyed over 11,000 "documents". Do the math, kiddies. First correct total of signatures gets the Sunday, weekly door-prize.

To date, only one instance of actual criminal activity has been reported to the authorities in Dane County, the rest of the reports have been on other blogs and included screen shots from Facebook pages of people talking about having destroyed petitions.

In response, the group is offering a reward that leads to the arrest and conviction of anyone destroying or defacing recall petitions from today through Jan. 14. The group will be taking affidavits from people who step forward and will turn those affidavits over to the appropriate district attorney, Ross said.

Last week, a Caledonia resident, who asked not to have his name used, told Caledonia Patch that he and at least two other people in Racine were collecting signatures to recall Scott Walker, but had no intention of turning them into the GAB. Instead, they want people to think they've signed the petition, but not actually have their signatures count. The man, who asked not to have his name used, ultimately decided to turn them into the recall committee.

US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: Lady MacDeath [Re: hobie1616] #240503
11/26/11 03:05 PM
11/26/11 03:05 PM
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Of course the anti-christ doesn't mention God is his Turkey Day speech, as far as he's concerned, he IS God.

Do you know this guy Todd? Apparently he's never heard of a land shark.

[Linked Image]

Evolution FANTASY!

It's interesting that you continue to promote the evolution cult even though its becoming incresingly clear that evolution has no basis in fact. Let's see what's going on? At my kid's school they started teaching evolution and it looks like it's even more ridiculous than I thought: The idea is that some fish stayed in the sea while other fish went to live on land where they then evolved OVER MILLIONS OF YEARS into elephants and humans and such! OK, why don't you show me a fish that can survive a day on land let alone years, Mr. Evolutionist? The whole idea is so stupid that it really is more of a cult than anything else. ALso, If there once were fish on land then we should be finding barracudas in the sahara desert and whales in utah, correct? why haven't we found any? BECAUSE FISH NEVER CAME ON LAND YOU IDIOT!

Biblical creation is a fact even if it insults your leftist sensiblities. We were created by God, not by fish wandering (???????) around the american continent randomly changing into bears and squirrels. Why is metal stronger than plastic? Becaude metal was created by God and plastic was created by Man. Why is the Bible stronger than your beloved Communist manifesto? Because the Bible was inspired by God and Communist manifesto was inspired by one man's insanity. The works of God can never be fully understood by Man, but they can and should be admired and rspected, not ridiculed with evoultionist nonsense. You must be pretty stupid to believe evolutionist nonsense even though there is zero evidence to support your cult and plenty of evidence to disprove it (no fossil record! the human eye for example has been shown to be too complex to have been randomly appeared!).

But what I don't understand is this: There are many things taught at schools that have nothing to with God or the Bible, like Math, English or PE, so why do you have to bring your atheist cult nonsense into the one subject (biology) that very clearly is defined in the Bible? Maybe because your idea is not to teach kids but to wage war on the faithful? Well here's some news for you: We Christians have always been persecuted for our beliefs and we continue to be persecuted by the liberal-atheist elite. But we will survive and prevail because we stand with God, not Darwin&Marx and also Hitler (atheist/evolutionist) and Stalin (also atheist/evolutionist). God has brought us peace and proseprity, while evolution has brought us the Holocaust and communism. Take your pick.

US Sail Level 3 Coach
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 428 guests, and 75 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,404
Posts267,055
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022