Carpal Tunnel

Key Largo, FL and Put-in-Bay, ...
Got this email from Jill Nickerson:

Sent: Friday, December 09, 2011 11:28 AM
To: Leandro Spina; Jackgiehart@ussailing.org; 'Robbie Daniels'; Liz Walker
Cc: 'Michael Levesque'; 'Jill Nickerson'
Subject: F16 Viper Boat rentals for Tradewinds

Hello to all.

I am not sure who to communicate this to so maybe you can give it to who may be interested.

We have been flooded with calls from youth sailors who are scrambling to find boats, sailing partners and a way to go to the Tradewinds event in January.

We have offered several training camps in the Clearwater area for the youth to come and be able to try out the F16 Viper. We have offered these camps at about ½ cost to the youth. We have also extended a youth training opportunity to all of our camps on our calendar�.located on Red Gear RRacing facebook page.

We have put together a 3 tier training camp in Islamorada prior to the Tradewinds event for all sailors as well as housing packages. The housing packages will be very convenient for those youth who are having a difficult time going with out their parents as we handle food, housing, transport and guardianship.

We are offering charter boats for the event that include all the warm up time they would like, weather they are at one of the camps or practicing on their own. The regular price of these charters are 2600 with an insurance option of 200. We are offering a 500 discount on the charters to any youth team making the charter 2100. In addition, we are offering a 1300 rebate of the charter fee if any of the youth teams purchase their boat at a special event rate. We are also offering them 500.00 rebate of their charter fee if they purchase a new boat with in a year. All the Charter boats are new boats that have about 1 week of sailing on them.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

BELOW ARE THE SPECIFICS OF THE TRADEWINDS TRAINING CAMP OPPORTUNITIES WITH AND WITH OUT HOUSING

Subject: TRADE WINDS TRAINING CAMP

We have lots going on for the up coming Tradewinds event in January. Besides having multi events happening with in the Tradewinds regatta, we also have the Youth team qualifications to see what team will be going to the ISAF Worlds AND the Olympic mixed team development qualifications where the top 2 teams will go on the Olympic Development team. Both of the qualifications will be done on the F16’s.

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THESE TRAINING CAMPS ARE FOR EVERYONE�..we help ALL kinds of boats and all levelss�not just AHPC boats.

We have a limited amount of F16’s and F18’s available to charter. Training camps will be for all types of boats. As we normally do, Tier 2 and 3 will have limited entrees. Tier 1 will be focused on starting and will have open entry.

Please pass this email on to anyone who you think may be interested. We are in the process of renting houses right now and last year we did 2. If we need more than that we need to know soon.

As we have done for the past several years, we will be offering training camps and housing at the event with packages that include food, housing and coaching for the training camp AND the regatta. To accommodate multiple desires we will once again have 3 tiers of camps available.

CAMP PRICES THAT INCLUDING HOUSING�.housing is based on 2 to a room. Costs of camps aare PER TEAM

Tier 1�SSTARTING CAMP Thursday JAN 12�COST 125.00 per boat (100 for single handed boats)

Will include a starting camp where we will mostly work on starts, along with some boat set up and some boat handling.

Will include drinks on the water

Will include video review and BBQ that evening

Will include camp give a way

Tier 2 (includes Tier 1) 4 DAY CAMP Monday-Tuesday-Thursday JAN 9-16��COST 1400.00 per boat (1300 for single handed boats)

Will include housing for the camp and the regatta from Jan 9-16

Will include a 4 day camp

Will include drinks on the water on camp days and regatta days

Will include video review and BBQ in the evenings on camp days.

Will include boat ramp fee each day of the camp

Will include breakfast each morning on CAMP AND REGATTA DAYS

Will include lunch on the water on camp days

Will include debrief during the regatta

Will include a BBQ one night during the regatta

Tier 3 (included Tiers 1 & 2) 6 DAY CAMP” Saturday-Thursday JAN 7-16�COST 2000.00 per boat (1800 for single handed boats)

Will include housing for the camp and the regatta from Jan 6-16

Will include a 6 day camp

Will include video review and BBQ in the evenings on camp days

Will include boat ramp fees each day of the camp

Will include breakfast each morning of CAMP AND REGATTA DAYS

Will include a BBQ one night during the regatta

NO HOUSING

If you would like to attend JUST the camps and not be included in housing

Tier 2 750 total per boat

Will include a 4 day camp

Will include video review and BBQ in the evenings on Camp days

Will include boat ramp fee each day of camp

Will include camp give away

Tier 3 1100 total per boat

Will include a 6 day camp

Will include video review and BBQ in the evenings on camp days

Will include boat ramp fees each day of the camp

As I had mentioned. Entrée into Tier 2 and 3 are limited as well as available housing so if you would like to participate, please contact me right away. Please pass this information on.

SAIL FASTER...PUSH HARDER!

Best regards,

Jill A. Nickerson

Fun in the Sun Services, Inc.

727-734-0799 www.funinthesunweb.com

Red Gear Racing www.redgearracing.com

Facebook: Red Gear Racing

PLEASE NOTE OUR NEW EMAIL ADDRESS: funinthesunweb@gmail.com

Rick White
Catsailor Magazine & OnLineMarineStore.com
www.onlinemarinestore.com
-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: Tradewinds and F16 Charters for Olympic Selection [Re: RickWhite] #241565
12/18/11 09:38 AM
12/18/11 09:38 AM
pgp Offline
Carpal Tunnel
pgp  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Last edited by pgp; 12/18/11 09:39 AM.

Pete Pollard
Blade 702

'When you have a lot of things to do, it's best to get your nap out of the way first.

Re: Tradewinds and F16 Charters for Olympic Selection [Re: pgp] #241568
12/18/11 01:21 PM
12/18/11 01:21 PM
RickWhite Offline OP

Carpal Tunnel
RickWhite  Offline OP

Carpal Tunnel

If not preregistered, you might not get a tshirt
Rick

Rick White
Catsailor Magazine & OnLineMarineStore.com
www.onlinemarinestore.com
Re: Tradewinds and F16 Charters for Olympic Selection [Re: RickWhite] #241570
12/18/11 02:54 PM
12/18/11 02:54 PM
Gulf Coast relocated from Cali...
TeamChums Offline
veteran
TeamChums  Offline
veteran

Slight hijack here but is it just me or can anyone else see that Fun in the Sun/Robbie Daniel/Red Gear Racing has done more in the last few years for promoting Catamaran Racing in North America than Hobie Cat and Nacra combined. The clinics and the dealer support, in my opinion, are far above the "Hobie way of life", and Nacra.
Rick, as soon as I know my work schedule for Jan, we're planning on coming.

Lee

Keyboard sailors are always faster in all conditions.
Re: Tradewinds and F16 Charters for Olympic Selection [Re: TeamChums] #241573
12/18/11 04:00 PM
12/18/11 04:00 PM
Detroit, MI
mbounds Offline
Pooh-Bah
mbounds  Offline
Pooh-Bah

Detroit, MI
It's just you, Lee. grin

Because you don't sail Hobie Cats, you don't see the level of involvement of the company, the class association and dealers like Rob Jerry, Jim Sohn and Dan Carpenter.

Most Hobie racers don't participate on this site because of exactly the kind of divisive comment you just made - and the fact they have their own forums (hosted and moderated by Hobie Cat Co. and Matt Miller).

Re: Tradewinds and F16 Charters for Olympic Selection [Re: RickWhite] #241576
12/18/11 07:41 PM
12/18/11 07:41 PM
Northfield Mn
Karl_Brogger Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Karl_Brogger  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Northfield Mn
I'm fighting the urge to say something that will just put my butt in a sling.

I'm boatless.
Re: Tradewinds and F16 Charters for Olympic Selection [Re: mbounds] #241577
12/18/11 07:44 PM
12/18/11 07:44 PM
TeamChums Offline
veteran
TeamChums  Offline
veteran

****, so now I sail a Nacra. What I was pointing out was the coaching programs that Red Gear Racing has been doing ALONG with great factory support. Hobie does have good factory support as well as great products. I just haven't seen them put on ANY youth coaching clinics. My deepest apologies for not including Hobie Cat in the kudos. Have a Hobie day! grin

Last edited by TeamChums; 12/18/11 08:03 PM.

Lee

Re: Tradewinds and F16 Charters for Olympic Selection [Re: TeamChums] #241578
12/18/11 07:49 PM
12/18/11 07:49 PM
TeamChums Offline
veteran
TeamChums  Offline
veteran

I do have to interject a little more. I have nothing against HCA, infact you will see this in the near future. There is an upcoming event in the works that I plan to help out with quite a bunch. I did, however, become very dissapointed when HCA booted other boats from the events. Big Bear and Ventura Bluewater were the ones that I liked and raced in when I had Hobies. Even when I had my old 21SE, I tried to pre register for Mid Winters in San Felipe on year and was told I didn't have a class and couldn't race (2002). So I bought a N20.

Lee

Re: Tradewinds and F16 Charters for Olympic Selection [Re: TeamChums] #241579
12/18/11 10:34 PM
12/18/11 10:34 PM
Detroit, MI
mbounds Offline
Pooh-Bah
mbounds  Offline
Pooh-Bah

Detroit, MI
Lee, the problem is that you complimented what Jill and Robbie do (which is absolutely fantastic) at the expense of the people at Hobie and Nacra. That's not right - at least in the case of Hobie Cat and the Hobie Class Association. I can't speak for Nacra.

I'm going to lay some facts here and then I'm going away:
  • Since 2008, the HCA has pumped over $30,000 into it's youth programs - mostly the youth grant program where we give $ to kids to reimburse their travel expenses to major Hobie Class events.
  • The HCA has conducted a Youth North Americans in Hobie 16s as long as I can remember (and a Women's, too).
  • The HCA, through the leadership of Harry Murphy, has been able to have Hobie 16s participate in the Junior Olympic Festivals since 2010 - and next year we'll combine our Youth North Championships with the JO event in the sailing capital of the United States - Annapolis. The HCA has provided the race committee and individuals have provided FREE charter boats.
  • At each JO, the HCA has conducted Guest Expert programs that have a full day of on-shore and on-the-water coaching and instruction, followed up with post-racing debriefs.
It's OK for you to spout off fuzzy bunnies and rainbows for what Jill and Robbie are doing. Just don't do it at the expense of other groups that you aren't fully aware of, and obviously have some deep-set resentment against.

Re: Tradewinds and F16 Charters for Olympic Selection [Re: RickWhite] #241580
12/18/11 10:50 PM
Northfield Mn
Karl_Brogger Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Karl_Brogger  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Northfield Mn
You're a bit defensive there Matt. He didn't have anything negative to say in there, just that Red Gear Racing is doing it well.

I'm boatless.
Re: Tradewinds and F16 Charters for Olympic Selection [Re: RickWhite] #241581
Roanoke Island ,N.C.
Team_Cat_Fever Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Team_Cat_Fever  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Roanoke Island ,N.C.
Jesus Matt, What color Hobie panties are you wearing today? I think they may be in a wad.
Wipe the Kool-aid off your chin.
Gotta respect your loyalty, though, I guess.

"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White
Re: Tradewinds and F16 Charters for Olympic Selection [Re: Team_Cat_Fever] #241583
12/18/11 11:20 PM
12/18/11 11:20 PM
Detroit, MI
mbounds Offline
Pooh-Bah
mbounds  Offline
Pooh-Bah

Detroit, MI
Originally Posted by Karl_Brogger
You're a bit defensive there Matt. He didn't have anything negative to say in there, just that Red Gear Racing is doing it well.

Bull$hit.

Fun in the Sun/Robbie Daniel/Red Gear Racing has done more in the last few years for promoting Catamaran Racing in North America than Hobie Cat and Nacra combined. The clinics and the dealer support, in my opinion, are far above the "Hobie way of life"

That's a slap in the face to everyone in the Hobie Class Association (and Nacra, too).

Who's Kool-aid are you selling, Karl?

Re: Tradewinds and F16 Charters for Olympic Selection [Re: RickWhite] #241590
12/19/11 08:08 AM
12/19/11 08:08 AM
Sebring, Florida.
Timbo Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Timbo  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Sebring, Florida.
I think what we have here is an East Coast vs. Gulf Coast vs. West Coast thing. Robbie D. is obviously in FL, and supports a lot of events on the East Coast and Gulf Coast, while it seems most of the Hobie supported stuff is on the West Coast.

All support for cat sailing is good, right? So let's not get into a pizzing contest over who's Support is better, it's all good.

Karl, since you are in the Middle...you're screwed, but you knew that already.

Sing it bitches:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suYryXqNh0I

;^)

Blade F16
Re: Tradewinds and F16 Charters for Olympic Selection [Re: mbounds] #241593
12/19/11 09:43 AM
12/19/11 09:43 AM
TeamChums Offline
veteran
TeamChums  Offline
veteran

The clinics and the dealer support, in my opinion, are far above the "Hobie way of life"

That's a slap in the face to everyone in the Hobie Class Association (and Nacra, too).

Glad to see my opinion holds that much water grin
On that note...and your defensiveness, Matt, I am strongly re considering making my chase boat and committee boat available for your 2013 event in Galveston that EXCLUDES other makes of boats.
I had no idea of the facts surrounding what Hobie Cat donates to youth sailing in the HCA. Maybe that's because I'm not in your "exclusive" club of Hobie sailors. Nevertheless, that's great for the sport (no sarcasm). ANYTHING that promotes youth sailing, is great in my opinion.

Disclaimer; I am not or have not been biased towards Fun in the Sun Sailing, ever. I simply wanted to point out what they have been doing and I think it's great. How many of the last 5 or so Alter Cups have been on thier boats? I don't own an AHPC boat, and probably never will. Nothing against em but when I get an F18, it probably won't be one of those.

Last edited by TeamChums; 12/19/11 09:48 AM.

Lee

Re: Tradewinds and F16 Charters for Olympic Selection [Re: Timbo] #241594
12/19/11 09:46 AM
12/19/11 09:46 AM
pgp Offline
Carpal Tunnel
pgp  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Karl likes being in the middle.

Pete Pollard
Blade 702

'When you have a lot of things to do, it's best to get your nap out of the way first.

Re: Tradewinds and F16 Charters for Olympic Selection [Re: RickWhite] #241596
12/19/11 10:30 AM
12/19/11 10:30 AM

X
xanderwess
Unregistered
xanderwess
Unregistered
X

Same old argument, over and over and over. Do the opti kids (parents, other sailors.....whatever) bitch and bitch that they are not able to sail in a Sunfish regatta? Really? The HCA is patially sponsored by the factory, therefore, the HCA has a few guidlines we need to follow otherwise we are no longer supported by the factory. WHY IS THAT SUCH A BIG DEAL?
Matt's right, we spend a boatload of money on the HCA youth program. I was never asked (in 5 years on exec) for any money, support, help or anything else from anyone doing a youth regatta anywhere. We jumped up and got as involved as we could at the Youth Multihull champs in Long Beach a few years ago.
Fresh dog ****? Exclusive membership? Its not like its invite only, for $20 you can get all the info you want too. You could also join the Sunfish, Opti, 420, MC scow, Highlander.......whichever clubs you want and get all the info from them you want too.
Matt is defensive because after all the years of being involved in sailing and surfing this board, seems like HCA people NEED to be defensive. I rarely if at all remember anyone from HCA going on the offensive here. Jeez. Give it a rest.
Karl, don't make me come up there. smile

Re: Tradewinds and F16 Charters for Olympic Selection [Re: TeamChums] #241597
12/19/11 10:31 AM
12/19/11 10:31 AM
Toronto, Ontario
pitchpoledave Offline
old hand
pitchpoledave  Offline
old hand

Toronto, Ontario
What you fail to mention is that they are doing this for a profit while there are countless others who have done more for the love of the sport such as Matt Bounds for eg.

Re: Tradewinds and F16 Charters for Olympic Selection [Re: RickWhite] #241598
12/19/11 10:40 AM
12/19/11 10:40 AM
Long Beach, California
John Williams Offline
Carpal Tunnel
John Williams  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Long Beach, California

John Williams

- The harder you practice, the luckier you get -
Gary Player, pro golfer

After watching Lionel Messi play, I realize I need to sail harder.
Re: Tradewinds and F16 Charters for Olympic Selection [Re: John Williams] #241600
12/19/11 10:45 AM
12/19/11 10:45 AM
TeamChums Offline
veteran
TeamChums  Offline
veteran

Gawd, I just realy wanted to give a pat on the back to Red Gear Racing.

Lee

Re: Tradewinds and F16 Charters for Olympic Selection [Re: pitchpoledave] #241601
12/19/11 10:46 AM
12/19/11 10:46 AM
Clermont, FL, USA
David Ingram Offline
Carpal Tunnel
David Ingram  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Clermont, FL, USA
Originally Posted by pitchpoledave
What you fail to mention is that they are doing this for a profit while there are countless others who have done more for the love of the sport such as Matt Bounds for eg.

+1

David Ingram
F18 USA 242
http://www.solarwind.solar

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"Excuses are the tools of the weak and incompetent" - Two sista's I overheard in the hall
"You don't have to be a brain surgeon to be a complete idiot, but it helps"
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 687 guests, and 134 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,405
Posts267,056
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022