Announcements
New Discussions
Sail selection for DIY inflatable sailing catamaran
by almoniyot. 08/16/19 07:37 AM
Sail selection for DIY inflatable sailing catamaran
by almoniyot. 08/16/19 06:11 AM
‘81 SC17 trampoline track fix?
by tyronewarriner. 08/13/19 10:05 PM
New England 100 2019: 30th Anniversary!!!
by Damon Linkous. 08/13/19 04:57 PM
Old school
by northsea junkie. 08/10/19 03:14 PM
Fair Wind and Following Seas Dior Hubel
by cyberspeed. 08/08/19 11:12 PM
Let's see what we have here
by FrankyDub23. 08/08/19 06:49 PM
Shameless Self Promotion Post
by FrankyDub23. 08/08/19 06:41 PM
Looking a for a Hobie Wave! East Coast
by dave mosley. 08/07/19 03:11 PM
Length of Nacra 5.7 tiller crossbar
by JohannesM. 08/02/19 05:07 AM
Things to do and not to do flying a spin
by Timbo. 07/30/19 02:31 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: How much would you spend on vendors who support you? [Re: bacho] #250335
06/30/12 03:35 AM
06/30/12 03:35 AM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,584
+31NL
Tony_F18 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Tony_F18  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,584
+31NL
+1
Rolf, what is stopping you from exercising your moderating super powers?

-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: How much would you spend on vendors who support you? [Re: bacho] #250340
06/30/12 08:30 AM
06/30/12 08:30 AM
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,118
Northfield Mn
Karl_Brogger Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Karl_Brogger  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,118
Northfield Mn
One of the things I like about Sailing Anarchy is the lack of moderation. You really have to piss in someone's Wheaties to get a thread or post edited. I uses to be on a woodworking forum, and virtually every thread had been modified. That bullshlt gets old rather quickly.


I'm boatless.
Re: How much would you spend on vendors who support you? [Re: Karl_Brogger] #250342
06/30/12 08:37 AM
06/30/12 08:37 AM
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,403
V
Ventucky Red Offline
veteran
Ventucky Red  Offline
veteran
V

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,403
Originally Posted by Karl_Brogger
One of the things I like about Sailing Anarchy is the lack of moderation. You really have to piss in someone's Wheaties to get a thread or post edited. I uses to be on a woodworking forum, and virtually every thread had been modified. That bullshlt gets old rather quickly.


There is no censoring here, just a Napoleon Complex by a few posters..


Re: How much would you spend on vendors who support you? [Re: Tony_F18] #250344
06/30/12 09:55 AM
06/30/12 09:55 AM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 3,116
Annapolis, MD
Mark Schneider Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Mark Schneider  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 3,116
Annapolis, MD
Tony,
Rolf does not moderate this specific board ..

There is a difference between tossing offensive points of view and boorish or disagreeable points of view.

The F16's got their panties in a bunch and decided to moderate their forum to stop what they saw as boorish and disagreeable behavior that they felt injured their class image .... end result... very short sighted...the chilling effect was noticeable. nobody pays much attention any longer. Moreover, if they tossed a handful of posts since then ... I would be stunned.
Not much good comes from trying to regulate speech that is on the topic.

However, moderating offensive speech and deleting or sending it to the political thread is more in the lines of housekeeping.... I think of it as pulling weeds.

moderating the personal attacks of one participant on the other is a grey area... (Sam vs Wouter) (Wouter vs WF) (Wouter vs Bill Roberts) (Macca vs the F16 crowd)

When the attacks just become personal... eg... the classic "JANE... YOU IGNORANT SLUT" not much positive happens. I don't believe any of those posts were tossed... The participants basically quit.

Not much good comes about when people quit or when the moderator has to step in and stop the crap!

Self regulation is the best solution. Props again to Bacho for deleting his tag line.


crac.sailregattas.com
Re: How much would you spend on vendors who support you? [Re: bacho] #250345
06/30/12 09:58 AM
06/30/12 09:58 AM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,525
pgp Offline
Carpal Tunnel
pgp  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,525
"The F16's got their panties in a bunch and decided to moderate their forum to stop what they saw as boorish and disagreeable behavior that they felt injured their class image .... end result... very short sighted...the chilling effect was noticeable. nobody pays much attention any longer. Moreover, if they tossed a handful of posts since then ... I would be stunned.
Not much good comes from trying to regulate speech that is on the topic."

The F16 class is doing just fine, despite the best efforts of people like you!

Last edited by pgp; 06/30/12 09:58 AM.

Pete Pollard
Blade 702

'When you have a lot of things to do, it's best to get your nap out of the way first.

Re: How much would you spend on vendors who support you? [Re: pgp] #250347
06/30/12 12:11 PM
06/30/12 12:11 PM
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 235
JJ_ Offline
enthusiast
JJ_  Offline
enthusiast

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 235
I miss Mary!

This forum, like any forum has "house rules". IIRC, the "house rule" on politics was expressed by Mary a while back. It was "sailors talking to sailors about politics" and therefore OK.

But Jeremy is right. Politics and sailing are mixed categories and therefore trouble. I vote to nix the political threads. It's sailing...

As far as purchasing goes, I buy from good dealers and spend a little more. But I price shop if dealers sell junk and don't ship things in a timely manner.

Regarding racism. Whether for it or against it, anyone who uses the word "racism" is racist. Civility is a better word.

Re: How much would you spend on vendors who support you? [Re: Karl_Brogger] #250348
06/30/12 12:55 PM
06/30/12 12:55 PM
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,304
Gulf Coast relocated from Cali...
TeamChums Offline
veteran
TeamChums  Offline
veteran

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,304
Gulf Coast relocated from Cali...
Quote
One of the things I like about Sailing Anarchy is the lack of moderation


Not true. I had a post deleted that had quotes from a thieving vendor.


Lee

Keyboard sailors are always faster in all conditions.
Re: How much would you spend on vendors who support you? [Re: Karl_Brogger] #250350
06/30/12 01:24 PM
06/30/12 01:24 PM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,584
+31NL
Tony_F18 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Tony_F18  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,584
+31NL
Originally Posted by Karl_Brogger
One of the things I like about Sailing Anarchy is the lack of moderation.

I wonder what Jeremy's view on this would be... grin

Re: How much would you spend on vendors who support you? [Re: bacho] #250354
06/30/12 07:25 PM
06/30/12 07:25 PM
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 18
Laurinburg, NC
pbl Offline
stranger
pbl  Offline
stranger

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 18
Laurinburg, NC
I shop the best service. If that means that I pay 10% more, then absolutely. I will always give a local vendor the opportunity to earn my business, but in the end, if the service isn't there, then I have a hard time returning. In the specific case of local sponsorship you presented, then the same rules apply, and I'll certainly give them a run and see how they do, but if they don't provide the service, I have a hard time returning.


Philippe
2013 AHPC Viper #318
Re: How much would you spend on vendors who support you? [Re: Tony_F18] #250356
06/30/12 08:51 PM
06/30/12 08:51 PM
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 749
Santa Cruz, CA
SurfCityRacing Offline
old hand
SurfCityRacing  Offline
old hand

Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 749
Santa Cruz, CA
Originally Posted by Tony_F18
Originally Posted by Karl_Brogger
One of the things I like about Sailing Anarchy is the lack of moderation.

I wonder what Jeremy's view on this would be... grin


No comment. grin

Re: How much would you spend on vendors who support you? [Re: Jake] #250378
07/01/12 02:40 PM
07/01/12 02:40 PM
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,222
Roanoke Island ,N.C.
Team_Cat_Fever Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Team_Cat_Fever  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,222
Roanoke Island ,N.C.
Originally Posted by Jake
Originally Posted by TeamChums
I know I didn't spend much time in College, but would my signature be considered "racist" too? Or is it ok to bash on a white boy? Is it ok if I have a bunch of white friends?
Mark Schnider...I wasn't talking about the law but I wouldn't expect you to understand that anyway.



Not really. White people in government housing isn't such a high rate (I'm hypothesizing..haven't looked this up) that a "racist" would consider it an intrinsic characteristic of people with white skin...so it doesn't have the same kind of bite. However, on the other hand, the perception is that a significant percentage of government housing is occupied by african americans and to infer that the this is because of the color of their skin IS racist.

Are you saying that you don't think the previously discussed statement was racist?


That's some hypocritical,spun ,bullshite, that makes YOU look racist. Just because you think you're being righteous doesn't mean you're not being racist. Trying to justify it with hypothetical percentages and stats is weak ,at best.


Quote
the perception is that a significant percentage of government housing is occupied by african americans

So if this( or ,say inmate statistics) turns out to be fact instead of perception, how the F*** is it racist to point out a statistical fact. Are you really so scared you are going to hurt someone's feelings or piss someone off that you'll ignore those facts while refusing to ignore all of bacho's posts ?

Quote
I can turn that around on you a thousand ways. C'mon man.

And in the end isn't that exactly what libs do best.

Jake, I'm glad we don't talk politics when we see each other, it would seriously cut in to some good drinking and boat talk time.


"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White
Re: How much would you spend on vendors who support you? [Re: Team_Cat_Fever] #250386
07/01/12 04:56 PM
07/01/12 04:56 PM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 12,310
South Carolina
Jake Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Jake  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 12,310
South Carolina
Originally Posted by Team_Cat_Fever
Originally Posted by Jake
Originally Posted by TeamChums
I know I didn't spend much time in College, but would my signature be considered "racist" too? Or is it ok to bash on a white boy? Is it ok if I have a bunch of white friends?
Mark Schnider...I wasn't talking about the law but I wouldn't expect you to understand that anyway.



Not really. White people in government housing isn't such a high rate (I'm hypothesizing..haven't looked this up) that a "racist" would consider it an intrinsic characteristic of people with white skin...so it doesn't have the same kind of bite. However, on the other hand, the perception is that a significant percentage of government housing is occupied by african americans and to infer that the this is because of the color of their skin IS racist.

Are you saying that you don't think the previously discussed statement was racist?


That's some hypocritical,spun ,bullshite, that makes YOU look racist. Just because you think you're being righteous doesn't mean you're not being racist. Trying to justify it with hypothetical percentages and stats is weak ,at best.


Quote
the perception is that a significant percentage of government housing is occupied by african americans

So if this( or ,say inmate statistics) turns out to be fact instead of perception, how the F*** is it racist to point out a statistical fact. Are you really so scared you are going to hurt someone's feelings or piss someone off that you'll ignore those facts while refusing to ignore all of bacho's posts ?

Quote
I can turn that around on you a thousand ways. C'mon man.

And in the end isn't that exactly what libs do best.

Jake, I'm glad we don't talk politics when we see each other, it would seriously cut in to some good drinking and boat talk time.


Todd, give me a freakin' break. You think turning it around is a "liberal thing"? Seriously? If that's so, it's because you guys make it so darn easy. Try this; Why aren't you the "bigger man" here and hush here as Lee recommended when he didn't agree with what I said? That piss you off? It did me.

In the post you quoted, all I did was provide a logical (and actual) definition of racism pointing out why Lee's reverse example wasn't really racist. It wasn't a racist statement because the majority of people in government housing probably aren't white. I didn't look up the statistics so I quoted "perception". Which is really what racism is based on anyway. Are you really worried that I used "perception" instead of fact? Does that really bother you?



Jake Kohl
Re: How much would you spend on vendors who support you? [Re: Jake] #250390
07/01/12 05:37 PM
07/01/12 05:37 PM
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,222
Roanoke Island ,N.C.
Team_Cat_Fever Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Team_Cat_Fever  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,222
Roanoke Island ,N.C.
Originally Posted by Jake
Originally Posted by Team_Cat_Fever
Originally Posted by Jake
Originally Posted by TeamChums
I know I didn't spend much time in College, but would my signature be considered "racist" too? Or is it ok to bash on a white boy? Is it ok if I have a bunch of white friends?
Mark Schnider...I wasn't talking about the law but I wouldn't expect you to understand that anyway.



Not really. White people in government housing isn't such a high rate (I'm hypothesizing..haven't looked this up) that a "racist" would consider it an intrinsic characteristic of people with white skin...so it doesn't have the same kind of bite. However, on the other hand, the perception is that a significant percentage of government housing is occupied by african americans and to infer that the this is because of the color of their skin IS racist.

Are you saying that you don't think the previously discussed statement was racist?


That's some hypocritical,spun ,bullshite, that makes YOU look racist. Just because you think you're being righteous doesn't mean you're not being racist. Trying to justify it with hypothetical percentages and stats is weak ,at best.


Quote
the perception is that a significant percentage of government housing is occupied by african americans

So if this( or ,say inmate statistics) turns out to be fact instead of perception, how the F*** is it racist to point out a statistical fact. Are you really so scared you are going to hurt someone's feelings or piss someone off that you'll ignore those facts while refusing to ignore all of bacho's posts ?

Quote
I can turn that around on you a thousand ways. C'mon man.

And in the end isn't that exactly what libs do best.

Jake, I'm glad we don't talk politics when we see each other, it would seriously cut in to some good drinking and boat talk time.


Todd, give me a freakin' break. You think turning it around is a "liberal thing"? Seriously? If that's so, it's because you guys make it so darn easy. Try this; Why aren't you the "bigger man" here and hush here as Lee recommended when he didn't agree with what I said? That piss you off? It did me.

In the post you quoted, all I did was provide a logical (and actual) definition of racism pointing out why Lee's reverse example wasn't really racist. It wasn't a racist statement because the majority of people in government housing probably aren't white. I didn't look up the statistics so I quoted "perception". Which is really what racism is based on anyway. Are you really worried that I used "perception" instead of fact? Does that really bother you?



Nope, I'm not really bothered by any of this except the oversensitivity. My point is if you find statistics saying any race is disproportionately represented in a situation (public housing, prisons, etc.) , you seem to think that it's racist if that is pointed out. Yet, in the same situation but the term white being used , you're OK with that. It's the same thing and should be treated the same.Personally ,I think everyone should HTFU and not be so overly sensitive. I'm definitely not defending racism, it exists and sucks , but this ain't a case of it. The current pres. is open game as was everyone before it as shown in one of Schneider's posts above. Are you going to stand up for Mitt Romney when the Mormon jokes start?

Quote
You think turning it around is a "liberal thing"? Seriously? If that's so, it's because you guys make it so darn easy.


No, I think the reason is spin and subterfuge are all you've got. Facts don't seem to help your case.



"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White
Re: How much would you spend on vendors who support you? [Re: Team_Cat_Fever] #250394
07/01/12 06:13 PM
07/01/12 06:13 PM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 12,310
South Carolina
Jake Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Jake  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 12,310
South Carolina
Originally Posted by Team_Cat_Fever
Originally Posted by Jake
Originally Posted by Team_Cat_Fever
Originally Posted by Jake
I know I didn't spend much time in College, but would my signature be considered "racist" too? Or is it ok to bash on a white boy? Is it ok if I have a bunch of white friends?
Mark Schnider...I wasn't talking about the law but I wouldn't expect you to understand that anyway.


Not really. White people in government housing isn't such a high rate (I'm hypothesizing..haven't looked this up) that a "racist" would consider it an intrinsic characteristic of people with white skin...so it doesn't have the same kind of bite. However, on the other hand, the perception is that a significant percentage of government housing is occupied by african americans and to infer that the this is because of the color of their skin IS racist.

Are you saying that you don't think the previously discussed statement was racist?


That's some hypocritical,spun ,bullshite, that makes YOU look racist. Just because you think you're being righteous doesn't mean you're not being racist. Trying to justify it with hypothetical percentages and stats is weak ,at best.


Quote
the perception is that a significant percentage of government housing is occupied by african americans

So if this( or ,say inmate statistics) turns out to be fact instead of perception, how the F*** is it racist to point out a statistical fact. Are you really so scared you are going to hurt someone's feelings or piss someone off that you'll ignore those facts while refusing to ignore all of bacho's posts ?

Quote
I can turn that around on you a thousand ways. C'mon man.

And in the end isn't that exactly what libs do best.

Jake, I'm glad we don't talk politics when we see each other, it would seriously cut in to some good drinking and boat talk time.


Todd, give me a freakin' break. You think turning it around is a "liberal thing"? Seriously? If that's so, it's because you guys make it so darn easy. Try this; Why aren't you the "bigger man" here and hush here as Lee recommended when he didn't agree with what I said? That piss you off? It did me.

In the post you quoted, all I did was provide a logical (and actual) definition of racism pointing out why Lee's reverse example wasn't really racist. It wasn't a racist statement because the majority of people in government housing probably aren't white. I didn't look up the statistics so I quoted "perception". Which is really what racism is based on anyway. Are you really worried that I used "perception" instead of fact? Does that really bother you?



Nope, I'm not really bothered by any of this except the oversensitivity. My point is if you find statistics saying any race is disproportionately represented in a situation (public housing, prisons, etc.) , you seem to think that it's racist if that is pointed out. Yet, in the same situation but the term white being used , you're OK with that. It's the same thing and should be treated the same.Personally ,I think everyone should HTFU and not be so overly sensitive. I'm definitely not defending racism, it exists and sucks , but this ain't a case of it. The current pres. is open game as was everyone before it as shown in one of Schneider's posts above. Are you going to stand up for Mitt Romney when the Mormon jokes start?

Quote
You think turning it around is a "liberal thing"? Seriously? If that's so, it's because you guys make it so darn easy.


No, I think the reason is spin and subterfuge are all you've got. Facts don't seem to help your case.



I haven't quoted one statistic. I talked about perception.

Let me spell it out a different way. The statement in question "Obama is just another black man in government housing" is racist. It is racist because "...just another black man..." plays on the perception that African Americans make up a significant portion of people that partake of government provided housing and it infers that it is due to their skin color ("just another"). This is racist. It is not me trying to make anything of, or for, myself. This is not me "spinning" anything...in fact, if you look up the definition of "racism", you'll see that this fits within the definition and that the counter example does not because it's not as common for white people to be in government housing. I also haven't brought politics or political persuasion into this.

This is the only fact that I've discussed...and I'm not sure how it doesn't help my case. It's pretty clear.


Jake Kohl
Re: How much would you spend on vendors who support you? [Re: Jake] #250395
07/01/12 06:25 PM
07/01/12 06:25 PM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 12,310
South Carolina
Jake Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Jake  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 12,310
South Carolina
Originally Posted by World Dictionary
racism or racialism

n
1. the belief that races have distinctive cultural characteristics determined by hereditary factors and that this endows some races with an intrinsic superiority over others.



Would you say that it is a "distinctive cultural characteristic" that white people are in government housing? It is not. This is why the posted counter statement is not racist.




Jake Kohl
Re: How much would you spend on vendors who support you? [Re: Jake] #250396
07/01/12 06:33 PM
07/01/12 06:33 PM
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,222
Roanoke Island ,N.C.
Team_Cat_Fever Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Team_Cat_Fever  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,222
Roanoke Island ,N.C.
Originally Posted by Jake
Originally Posted by Team_Cat_Fever
Originally Posted by Jake
Originally Posted by Team_Cat_Fever
Originally Posted by Jake
I know I didn't spend much time in College, but would my signature be considered "racist" too? Or is it ok to bash on a white boy? Is it ok if I have a bunch of white friends?
Mark Schnider...I wasn't talking about the law but I wouldn't expect you to understand that anyway.


Not really. White people in government housing isn't such a high rate (I'm hypothesizing..haven't looked this up) that a "racist" would consider it an intrinsic characteristic of people with white skin...so it doesn't have the same kind of bite. However, on the other hand, the perception is that a significant percentage of government housing is occupied by african americans and to infer that the this is because of the color of their skin IS racist.

Are you saying that you don't think the previously discussed statement was racist?


That's some hypocritical,spun ,bullshite, that makes YOU look racist. Just because you think you're being righteous doesn't mean you're not being racist. Trying to justify it with hypothetical percentages and stats is weak ,at best.


Quote
the perception is that a significant percentage of government housing is occupied by african americans

So if this( or ,say inmate statistics) turns out to be fact instead of perception, how the F*** is it racist to point out a statistical fact. Are you really so scared you are going to hurt someone's feelings or piss someone off that you'll ignore those facts while refusing to ignore all of bacho's posts ?

Quote
I can turn that around on you a thousand ways. C'mon man.

And in the end isn't that exactly what libs do best.

Jake, I'm glad we don't talk politics when we see each other, it would seriously cut in to some good drinking and boat talk time.


Todd, give me a freakin' break. You think turning it around is a "liberal thing"? Seriously? If that's so, it's because you guys make it so darn easy. Try this; Why aren't you the "bigger man" here and hush here as Lee recommended when he didn't agree with what I said? That piss you off? It did me.

In the post you quoted, all I did was provide a logical (and actual) definition of racism pointing out why Lee's reverse example wasn't really racist. It wasn't a racist statement because the majority of people in government housing probably aren't white. I didn't look up the statistics so I quoted "perception". Which is really what racism is based on anyway. Are you really worried that I used "perception" instead of fact? Does that really bother you?



Nope, I'm not really bothered by any of this except the oversensitivity. My point is if you find statistics saying any race is disproportionately represented in a situation (public housing, prisons, etc.) , you seem to think that it's racist if that is pointed out. Yet, in the same situation but the term white being used , you're OK with that. It's the same thing and should be treated the same.Personally ,I think everyone should HTFU and not be so overly sensitive. I'm definitely not defending racism, it exists and sucks , but this ain't a case of it. The current pres. is open game as was everyone before it as shown in one of Schneider's posts above. Are you going to stand up for Mitt Romney when the Mormon jokes start?

Quote
You think turning it around is a "liberal thing"? Seriously? If that's so, it's because you guys make it so darn easy.


No, I think the reason is spin and subterfuge are all you've got. Facts don't seem to help your case.



I haven't quoted one statistic. I talked about perception.

Let me spell it out a different way. The statement in question "Obama is just another black man in government housing" is racist. It is racist because "...just another black man..." plays on the perception that African Americans make up a significant portion of people that partake of government provided housing and it infers that it is due to their skin color ("just another"). This is racist. It is not me trying to make anything of, or for, myself. This is not me "spinning" anything...in fact, if you look up the definition of "racism", you'll see that this fits within the definition and that the counter example does not. I also haven't brought politics or political persuasion into this.

This is the only fact that I've discussed...and I'm not sure how it doesn't help my case. It's pretty clear. In fact, you haven't even made a case other than I'm pissing you off. What is your point? Are you defending the statement "Obama is just another black man in government housing" as not racist? Are you saying that it belongs here?


You haven't pissed me off, I'm not sure you could.
I'm not defending racism ( It has affected me far more than you'll ever know), just thought your reaction, in multiple threads to 1 persons sig line was over the top. You stated how you felt, which you should, and then felt compelled to bully him in other threads until he dropped. That's my point.
So, I'll correct the word choice of my other example by saying- You're OK with religious bigotry, just not racism.


"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White
Re: How much would you spend on vendors who support you? [Re: Jake] #250400
07/01/12 07:29 PM
07/01/12 07:29 PM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 3,116
Annapolis, MD
Mark Schneider Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Mark Schneider  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 3,116
Annapolis, MD
Todd

What are you doing?..

I thought you would get the hint...
Hillbilly... Cultural bigotry.
Polish or Cuban jokes... Ethnic bigotry.
Mormon or Catholic..... Religious bigotry.

THEN WE DRAW A BRIGHT LINE.... on the bigotry that involves race..... (hint... its the genes)

Jake is not approving or condoning any of this crap... he just highlighted the line....Racist things that are way over the top. It sounds like you want to muddy the line. Why?

I got it... you don't like Obama's politics... take it to the drill baby drill politics.... don't blur the lines


crac.sailregattas.com
Re: How much would you spend on vendors who support you? [Re: Mark Schneider] #250406
07/01/12 10:09 PM
07/01/12 10:09 PM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,911
South Florida & the Keys
arbo06 Offline
Pooh-Bah
arbo06  Offline
Pooh-Bah

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,911
South Florida & the Keys
First, I try to buy locally, hopefully a shop that I can actually visit and see the merchandise and develop a relationship with the owner. Second, I buy from those that are associated with the brand boat that I sail in order tohave support from the manufacturer. After that, price.....


Eric Arbogast
ARC 2101
Miami Yacht Club
Re: How much would you spend on vendors who support you? [Re: Team_Cat_Fever] #250416
07/02/12 07:31 AM
07/02/12 07:31 AM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 12,310
South Carolina
Jake Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Jake  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 12,310
South Carolina
Originally Posted by Team_Cat_Fever
You haven't pissed me off, I'm not sure you could.
I'm not defending racism ( It has affected me far more than you'll ever know), just thought your reaction, in multiple threads to 1 persons sig line was over the top. You stated how you felt, which you should, and then felt compelled to bully him in other threads until he dropped. That's my point.
So, I'll correct the word choice of my other example by saying- You're OK with religious bigotry, just not racism.


You're not making sense. This is the only thread I posted about it and it remains here. I responded only once directly to the person with the signature and then I only responded to those that addressed me directly. Now you complain about me continuing this thread but it was dead until you revived it again addressing me directly...and this continued discussion is somehow my fault? Typical.

When did religious bigotry enter the picture? I've never discussed that here. Now you are just inventing stuff trying to muddy the water.




Jake Kohl
Re: How much would you spend on vendors who support you? [Re: Jake] #250417
07/02/12 07:43 AM
07/02/12 07:43 AM
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,222
Roanoke Island ,N.C.
Team_Cat_Fever Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Team_Cat_Fever  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,222
Roanoke Island ,N.C.
Originally Posted by Jake
Originally Posted by Team_Cat_Fever
You haven't pissed me off, I'm not sure you could.
I'm not defending racism ( It has affected me far more than you'll ever know), just thought your reaction, in multiple threads to 1 persons sig line was over the top. You stated how you felt, which you should, and then felt compelled to bully him in other threads until he dropped. That's my point.
So, I'll correct the word choice of my other example by saying- You're OK with religious bigotry, just not racism.


You're not making sense. This is the only thread I posted about it and it remains here. I responded only once directly to the person with the signature and then I only responded to those that barked directly at me. It was dead until you revived it addressing me directly...and this continued discussion is somehow my fault? Typical.

When did religious bigotry enter the picture? I've never discussed that here. Now you are just inventing stuff.


Typical of what? Independent voters, White men in their 40s, Christians, Blue collar workers,... What are you trying to say Jake? That sounded a bit bigoted. wink
The religous bigotry came up when you said my Mitt/Mormon question wasn't the same as the Black man stuff.Try to keep up.

I'm done, I've got to go to work to help pay for our presidents housing, rather he deserves it or not.


"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (ksurfer2), 31 guests, and 340 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bagol, almoniyot, FractionalSloop, Espen, FrankyDub23
7949 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Timbo 3
brucat 2
JeffS 1
Dermot 1
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,362
Posts266,916
Members7,949
Most Online795
Apr 8th, 2019
--Advertisement--
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1