Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: 2020 Olympic Cat - Foiler? [Re: ThunderMuffin] #281205
11/24/15 07:53 PM
11/24/15 07:53 PM
wildtsail7 Offline
wildtsail7  Offline

Oh my god mark.. Where are you getting your data?!
Sarah/ Matt
Mike / Katie
Bora / solving
Mark m/ and ?
Stephanie Hudson / dalton Tebo
And I'm sure there will be a few others sailing ocr
These guys are all sailing serious campaigns still!

-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: 2020 Olympic Cat - Foiler? [Re: ThunderMuffin] #281206
11/24/15 07:59 PM
11/24/15 07:59 PM
wildtsail7 Offline
wildtsail7  Offline

One last thing.. I had long conversations with Sarah, Matt, Mike, Bora, Steph and others. As the NA rep for Nacra I listen to their concerns and bring them back to the guys in holland.
But in all honesty, there are some small complaints, but nothing major anymore. They all can understand how hard they are pushing the boats and notice nacra's effort to improve through minor upgrades and a recent letter that went out to the class addressing many concerns.

Re: 2020 Olympic Cat - Foiler? [Re: ThunderMuffin] #281208
11/24/15 09:25 PM
11/24/15 09:25 PM
Green Bay WI
M
Marty M Offline
stranger
Marty M  Offline
stranger
M

Green Bay WI
I will say I have always been amazed at what nacra owners consider acceptable. Last regatta I went to, watched a N 16 get a split hull seam patched about 3 feet from front on the bottom, Not buy daggers trunks, or any loaded area. Last guy to finish the races. Not exactly pushing it hard. But was assured it is normal. SO all is good I guess. Great. Boat about 1 year old.
No problem. No problem . No problem.....No problem .....Boat about 1 year old......If I say no problem one more time all will be OK ...No problem There that's better. Sorry just don't know how to put it so it can be heard.

Last edited by Marty M; 11/24/15 09:36 PM.
Re: 2020 Olympic Cat - Foiler? [Re: ThunderMuffin] #281224
11/29/15 10:44 PM
11/29/15 10:44 PM
wildtsail7 Offline
wildtsail7  Offline

Marty,
I appreciate your concern.
I've been a cat sailor my whole life and have faced (and currently am facing) quality issues with Nacra as well as every other brand boat I've sailed (AHPC, Hobie, and my old Nacra).
All the other current high performance catamarans are built in the same factory as Nacra. We all suffer our own minor issues. Of course we wish our boats were flawless, they have gotten a lot better in the past few years.
Most important is that Nacra stands behind our product more than ever. I was made aware of the F16 you speak of but don't know the exact details as a colleaque sorted the situation out. I can tell you that Nacra commented on the damage, advised how to fix it, and paid for the repair.
There has been a recent initiative from Nacra to support the issues 17 sailors are having (if anyone wants to see this please feel free to email me). Additionally, Nacra admitted to falling short on warranty support and ensure this will be changing. This was really well perceived by the sailors. The new boats have reached an acceptable level among the sailors. It's a big task to keep up with the 17 but Nacra has put more manpower behind it and we will keep improving and supporting the sailors.
If anyone has any questions please feel free to email me Todd@NacraSailing.com
-Todd Riccardi

Re: 2020 Olympic Cat - Foiler? [Re: wildtsail7] #281225
11/30/15 09:14 AM
11/30/15 09:14 AM
Naples, FL
waterbug_wpb Offline
Carpal Tunnel
waterbug_wpb  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Naples, FL
Thank you for your comments Todd. I'm sure this isn't your primary outreach method, but it is nice to see the effort.

Jay

Re: 2020 Olympic Cat - Foiler? [Re: ThunderMuffin] #281354
12/09/15 10:15 AM
12/09/15 10:15 AM
Green Bay WI
M
Marty M Offline
stranger
Marty M  Offline
stranger
M

Green Bay WI

Re: 2020 Olympic Cat - Foiler? [Re: Marty M] #281355
12/09/15 12:06 PM
12/09/15 12:06 PM
Annapolis, MD
Mark Schneider Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Mark Schneider  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Annapolis, MD
Leaders and followers... aka... politics.

So...we cross off the last leader.... (maybe ISAF looks too much like FIFA and he bailed out ... who knows)

So the article makes a valid point.So... what is vision for international sailing for the next 8 years and secondarily HOW does it guide the USA effort.

What I heard over the past few years was... ISAF wants to grow sailing as a professional sport and leverage their opportunities to make money in global marketing and branding that would in turn support the local and national levels. The major asset they have is the Olympics and so that is what they want to leverage.

Secondarily, they administer the nuts and bolts of international amateur competition.

Are we on board with that program???

Is that the philosophy that would shape our amateur sailing and how?

My assessment is that ISAF has failed at this.... probably because it is a stupid objective.

It seems to me that if you stop flushing money down that rat hole... you have enough cash to administer the amateur sport wisely.

Let those who want to cash in on sailing find their own way. The extreme 40s don't need ISAF, US Sailing and other MNA's to be successful. The Am Cup does not need ISAF, US SAiling and other MNA's to do what they do.

I dare you to try and argue with data that the Am Cup in multihulls has had ANY effect on beach cat or larger multihull sailing. I can't ID any new blood in my part of the world motivated by the AM Cup action.

ISAF leadership has tried to suck on this (pretty dry) teat just like their football buddies in FIFA do ... and It is clear that it won't work.

So... the good news... If they are grifting at ISAF... its probably for peanuts.

Where to now?

As the thread imagines... Foiling is the solution to all that ails sailing?..... yeah.... sure!

crac.sailregattas.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 243 guests, and 90 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,404
Posts267,055
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022