Announcements
New Discussions
Tornado
by allthewayne. 09/06/20 03:08 PM
9:1 cascade for $100
by Tornado387. 08/30/20 03:46 AM
The media IS the Democraptic party!
by hobie1616. 08/26/20 07:02 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 25 of 41 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 40 41
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: hobie1616] #285468
02/03/17 11:21 AM
02/03/17 11:21 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,582
“an island in the Pacific....
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,582
“an island in the Pacific....
Many in the Washington power elite are united in their dismay about Trumps White House

The opposition to Trump is spilling across partisan and ideological boundaries as the realization grows that the awesome power of the U.S. government, its mass surveillance and law enforcement agencies and its nuclear arsenal, is now controlled by a band of amateur renegades who are out to dismantle the American state.

The dismay in Washington carries a hint of alarm. The traditional mandarins are not just offended by Trumps cavalier treatment of the CIA and Pentagon in his first week in office or the callous, pointless and chaotically implemented immigration order. They are disturbed by his systematic contempt for the standard procedures of governance followed by every Democratic and Republican administration since the passage of the National Security Act of 1947.


US Sail Level 2 Instructor
US Sail Level 3 Coach
-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: hobie1616] #285469
02/03/17 11:47 AM
02/03/17 11:47 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,582
“an island in the Pacific....
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,582
“an island in the Pacific....
President Trump is finally following through on his promise to Make America Safe Again. He has begun our long-overdue attack on Australia.


US Sail Level 2 Instructor
US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: hobie1616] #285471
02/03/17 12:07 PM
02/03/17 12:07 PM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 3,116
Annapolis, MD
Mark Schneider Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Mark Schneider  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 3,116
Annapolis, MD
Well the Obama record is complete
we are at the mythical full employment level with no inflation (2% target). Benchmarks of the post war era!....We are growing by 200K jobs a month or about 2%. (Report today said... wow... those minimum wage laws have had an effect and real incomes have ticked up.... who would have thought) .... So.. We fixed the Bush/republican era fubar.

Here's the problem... growth requires either more people (demand)... so you can breed like rabbits... or have immigration add population. OOOPs .. we are not doing the nasty productively enough... AND for some " reasons??" we plan to cut immigration. 2% growth could be all that is available.

Or you can grow by improving productivity (inovation) .... Problem is... productivity means more output per worker... If the demand is constant.... then that is fewer workers... Fear the future... the robots are coming...

Or you can grow by making the universe bigger... ie globalization and trade .... Oops... we need to kill off those trade agreements..
I am just making sure we acknowledge where we are last quarter of 2016.

So... high water mark... or base to build from using the republican/trump template.... What is the winning move?

Trump just now promised to turn it around.... umm... well that would be par for republican economic performance of the past... sadly... turn it around... would point the economy down hill.

Last edited by Mark Schneider; 02/03/17 12:41 PM.

crac.sailregattas.com
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: hobie1616] #285472
02/03/17 12:53 PM
02/03/17 12:53 PM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,582
“an island in the Pacific....
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,582
“an island in the Pacific....
Where's The Beef Going?

From cable TV to cattlemens websites, flood of Trump news swamps the media

Sparking a trade war with Canada, Mexico, and Asia will only lead to higher prices for American-produced beef in those markets and put our American producers at a much steeper competitive disadvantage, Brunner said in a news release. The fact remains that 96 percent of the worlds consumers live outside the United States, and expanding access to those consumers is the single best thing we can do to help American cattle-producing families be more successful.


US Sail Level 2 Instructor
US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: hobie1616] #285475
02/03/17 04:23 PM
02/03/17 04:23 PM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 3,116
Annapolis, MD
Mark Schneider Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Mark Schneider  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 3,116
Annapolis, MD
Ornstein and Mann recommend the US take on the Aussie system
Quote
To counter this set of problems, we propose adoption of the Australian system of mandatory attendance at the polls, where voters who do not show up (they do not have to vote for specific candidates, but can cast unmarked ballots) and do not have a written excuse are subject to modest fines, the equivalent of a parking ticket. This system moved Australian turnout from around 55 percent, similar to the United States, to over 90 percent.10 Most important, it changed Australian campaign discourse. Politicians of all stripes have told us that when they know that their own base will turn out en masse, and will be balanced by the other partys base, they shift their efforts to persuading voters in the middle. That means talking less about wedge issues, like abortion or guns, and more about larger issues like education and jobs; and it means using less of the fiery or divisive rhetoric that excites base voters but turns off those in the middle.


How valid is this point?


crac.sailregattas.com
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: Mark Schneider] #285477
02/03/17 07:32 PM
02/03/17 07:32 PM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,582
“an island in the Pacific....
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,582
“an island in the Pacific....
Originally Posted by Mark Schneider
Ornstein and Mann recommend the US take on the Aussie system
Quote
To counter this set of problems, we propose adoption of the Australian system of mandatory attendance at the polls, where voters who do not show up (they do not have to vote for specific candidates, but can cast unmarked ballots) and do not have a written excuse are subject to modest fines, the equivalent of a parking ticket. This system moved Australian turnout from around 55 percent, similar to the United States, to over 90 percent.10 Most important, it changed Australian campaign discourse. Politicians of all stripes have told us that when they know that their own base will turn out en masse, and will be balanced by the other partys base, they shift their efforts to persuading voters in the middle. That means talking less about wedge issues, like abortion or guns, and more about larger issues like education and jobs; and it means using less of the fiery or divisive rhetoric that excites base voters but turns off those in the middle.


How valid is this point?


[Linked Image]


US Sail Level 2 Instructor
US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: Todd_Sails] #285486
02/04/17 05:46 AM
02/04/17 05:46 AM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 26
G
garda Offline
newbie
garda  Offline
newbie
G

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 26
Seen from down here, it seems to work very well. But surely there'd zero chance of getting anything compulsory going in the USA?


Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: Mark Schneider] #285491
02/04/17 09:20 AM
02/04/17 09:20 AM
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,118
Northfield Mn
Karl_Brogger Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Karl_Brogger  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,118
Northfield Mn
Originally Posted by Mark Schneider
What is the winning move?



Dodge the system as long as you can, then get the phuck outta here.


I'm boatless.
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: Karl_Brogger] #285505
02/04/17 09:38 PM
02/04/17 09:38 PM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,582
“an island in the Pacific....
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,582
“an island in the Pacific....
TRUMP UNHINGED: PREZ ATTACKS JUDGE

Trump Inches The U.S. Closer To Constitutional Crisis

Federal Agencies Stop Enforcing Key Parts Of Trumps Travel Ban After Court Order

Inside the White House-Cabinet battle over Trumps immigration order

This is all great stuff. We're barely into February and the popular vote loser has already run off of the tracks.

Where's Schwantz and Todd to mansplain all of this to us?


US Sail Level 2 Instructor
US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: hobie1616] #285506
02/04/17 09:43 PM
02/04/17 09:43 PM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,582
“an island in the Pacific....
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,582
“an island in the Pacific....


US Sail Level 2 Instructor
US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: hobie1616] #285507
02/04/17 09:54 PM
02/04/17 09:54 PM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,582
“an island in the Pacific....
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,582
“an island in the Pacific....
How protesters plan to get under Trumps skin wherever he goes

About 200 of the 1,200 marchers made it across the bridge to the back gates of Mar-a-Lago. Across the street, a few dozen pro-Trump people waved American flags, but the spectacle was the protesters, beating drums, singing and chanting. This is the reality of Trumps honeymoon-free presidency.

Trump the most unpopular new president in modern times canceled a trip to the Harley-Davidson factory in Milwaukee, where local groups had planned to protest his appearance; the White House said the protests were not the reason for the cancellation.

... a plan for a mass mooning of his hotel in Chicago.



US Sail Level 2 Instructor
US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: hobie1616] #285522
02/05/17 11:20 AM
02/05/17 11:20 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,582
“an island in the Pacific....
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,582
“an island in the Pacific....


US Sail Level 2 Instructor
US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: hobie1616] #285524
02/05/17 11:58 AM
02/05/17 11:58 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,582
“an island in the Pacific....
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,582
“an island in the Pacific....
A thank you letter to Schwantz, Todd, Sparky, Clumlee, Ninny and K-Lube. Please excuse me if I left your name off of the list.


This note is a heartfelt thank you from the Left. You showed us that people who really hate a President and his administration can make a national difference in how well that President and administration can do their jobs through simple grassroots organizing (at least, that's what you claim you had - the Koch brothers' funding of your movement notwithstanding). You demonstrated all kinds of techniques for how to harass your congress people and senators into changing their votes and stopping President Obama's attempts to make everyone's lives better. Over the six to eight years you've been operating, you've demonstrated these techniques over and over, showing us what they look like when they're organized, finely honed, and repeated.

You may think that I'm being sarcastic, but I'm actually being serious when I say "thank you." You were a very small group of people and you made huge waves in our political system. You developed a wonderful model for targeted, organized, effective grassroots activism.

Why am I thanking you? Well, after the election on November 8th, 2016, a lot of people noticed just how well your tactics and strategies had worked to stop the Obama administration from getting things done. And since you already field-tested them for us, we just have to copy your successful strategies without worrying that we're going to screw it up.

For me, the best part is that now you'll get to watch as a far greater number of people than you were ever able to recruit to your sorry-butt causes use those same strategies and tactics to shut down the morons you've put into office and send them packing. Why, just today, a group of Californians sent their Republican Congressman running and hiding when they showed up at his town hall meeting with questions he couldnt answer. And he wasnt even the first one to run and hide from his constituents since the election!

Once again, I really have to thank you for all your efforts on behalf of this great nation, especially the field-testing of all those tactics. Youre true patriots, showing us how to make America great again (although our signs will be correctly spelled thanks for showing us how NOT to write a protest sign!).

Heckuva job, Tea-bees!



US Sail Level 2 Instructor
US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: hobie1616] #285527
02/05/17 02:00 PM
02/05/17 02:00 PM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,582
“an island in the Pacific....
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,582
“an island in the Pacific....
"Hang on. I'm gonna try something I saw in a Road Runner cartoon."

Revisiting a red-blue divide: States with the worst highway death rates favored Trump

Novembers presidential contest was bizarre in many ways, but there is one peculiarity that pundits havent pounced on: The states with the worst rates of traffic deaths in the country went solidly for Donald Trump, while Hillary Clinton swept states with the lowest fatality rates.

That odd association between traffic deaths and how states voted echoes what happened just over four years ago, when this red-blue divide first came to light. As FairWarning reported in 2012, low fatality states voted blue to re-elect President Barack Obama, while states with higher death rates went red for GOP challenger Mitt Romney.


This might explain why Sparky, Ninny and Chumlee have been so quiet.



US Sail Level 2 Instructor
US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: hobie1616] #285539
02/05/17 11:08 PM
02/05/17 11:08 PM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,582
“an island in the Pacific....
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,582
“an island in the Pacific....
You got conned...


You voted for Trump because Clinton was going to be in Wall Street's pocket. Trump wants to repeal Dodd-Frank and eliminate the Fiduciary Rule, letting Wall Street return to its pre-2008 ways.

You voted for Trump because of Clinton's emails. The Trump administration is running its own private email server.

You voted for Trump because you thought the Clinton Foundation was "pay for play." Trump has refused to wall off his businesses from his administration, and personally profits from payments from foreign governments.

You voted for Trump because of Clinton's role in Benghazi. Trump ordered the Yemen raid without adequate intel, and tweeted about "FAKE NEWS" while Americans died as a result of his carelessness.

You voted for Trump because Clinton didn't care about "the little guy." Trump's cabinet is full of billionaires, and he took away your health insurance so he could give them a multi-million-dollar tax break.

You voted for Trump because he was going to build a wall and Mexico was going to pay for it. American consumers will pay for the wall via import tariffs.

You voted for Trump because Clinton was going to get us into a war. Trump has provoked our enemies, alienated our allies, and given ISIS a decade's worth of recruiting material.

You voted for Trump because Clinton didn't have the stamina to do the job. Trump hung up on the Australian Prime Minister during a 5pm phone call because "it was at the end of a long day and he was tired and fatigue was setting in."

You voted for Trump because foreign leaders wouldn't "respect" Clinton. Foreign leaders, both friendly and hostile, are openly mocking Trump.

You voted for Trump because Clinton lies and "he tells it like it is." Trump and his administration lie with a regularity and brazenness that can only be described as shocking.

Let's be honest about what really happened.

The reality is that you voted for Trump because you got conned. Trump is a grifter and the American people were the mark. Now that you know the score, quit insisting the con-man is on your side.


US Sail Level 2 Instructor
US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: hobie1616] #285589
02/07/17 10:02 AM
02/07/17 10:02 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,582
“an island in the Pacific....
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,582
“an island in the Pacific....
Alternative Facts

Popular vote loser states media chooses not to report on terrorist attacks

Facts

"It has been a busy day for presidential statements divorced from reality."
---CBS News anchor Scott Pelley

Can you help us here Schwantz? You're divorced from reality and should have some insight.


US Sail Level 2 Instructor
US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: hobie1616] #285590
02/07/17 10:20 AM
02/07/17 10:20 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,582
“an island in the Pacific....
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,582
“an island in the Pacific....
It could be more media bias. I say they need to present both sides of the story: The things that did happen and the things that didnt happen. Then let the victims of the Bowling Green massacre decide if they were killed.
---Stephen Colbert

The important thing is that three million people died in the Bowling Green massacre, and they are all still registered to vote.
---Seth Meyers



US Sail Level 2 Instructor
US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: Karl_Brogger] #285596
02/07/17 02:46 PM
02/07/17 02:46 PM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 3,906
Clermont, FL, USA
David Ingram Offline
Carpal Tunnel
David Ingram  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 3,906
Clermont, FL, USA
Originally Posted by Karl_Brogger
Originally Posted by Mark Schneider
What is the winning move?



Dodge the system as long as you can, then get the phuck outta here.


And go where Karl? The rest of the world is either too brown, too liberal or both for you! Try to enjoy the next two years... tick tock!


David Ingram
F18 USA 242
http://www.solarwind.solar

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"Excuses are the tools of the weak and incompetent" - Two sista's I overheard in the hall
"You don't have to be a brain surgeon to be a complete idiot, but it helps"
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: David Ingram] #285601
02/07/17 06:21 PM
02/07/17 06:21 PM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,582
“an island in the Pacific....
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,582
“an island in the Pacific....
Woman still supports popular vote loser even after her family is tossed out of the country.

"I am a supporter of the constitution of the United States, and the freedom that we have here," she says. "I don't know what [Trump's] going to do next or if I support what he's gonna do. I can't tell at this point."

The Stoopid Is Strong In This One

The stoopid is also strong in this one.

... my uncle, who is an evangelical conservative who always votes Republican. He just told me that he's not worried that the GOP will take away his Social Security because if they try to, and I quote, "The Democrats will scream."

This is the quintessential conservative red state voter: vote against your own interests and hope like hell that the Democrats will bail you out.


Is his name Todd?


US Sail Level 2 Instructor
US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: David Ingram] #285605
02/08/17 09:08 AM
02/08/17 09:08 AM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 5,590
Naples, FL
waterbug_wpb Offline
Carpal Tunnel
waterbug_wpb  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 5,590
Naples, FL
Originally Posted by David Ingram


And go where Karl? The rest of the world is either too brown, too liberal or both for you! Try to enjoy the next two years... tick tock!



Iceland or Hungary. Iceland is probably warmer than where Karl is right now anyway


Jay

Page 25 of 41 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 40 41

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 21 guests, and 141 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Curro5150, Jamiestealth, Ed_Vargas, DavidPB, petrr
8064 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,382
Posts267,004
Members8,064
Most Online1,650
Sep 10th, 2019
--Advertisement--
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1