02/17/17 09:56 PM
02/17/17 09:56 PM
“an island in the Pacifi...
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

"Little" Jared Kushner gets in on the popular vote loser's grift.

Jared Kushner complained to CNN about Ana Navarro. She had a scorching response.

Don't mess with the ladies "baby boy." They'll hand your butt to you.

US Sail Level 2 Instructor
US Sail Level 3 Coach
-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: hobie1616] #285902
02/17/17 10:06 PM
02/17/17 10:06 PM
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

“The president decided to hold an impromptu press conference, and it was a sight to see. It reminded me of something you’d see before a pay-per-view boxing event. … The tone of the press conference was like if your dad found a pack of cigarettes under your mattress.”
---Jimmy Kimmel

“Did you hear him? He said he’s not ranting and raving, but again, what president hasn’t had to say ‘I’m not ranting and raving’? Who can forget Lincoln’s tirade at Gettysburg? Or FDR’s fireside meltdowns? And, of course, Ronald Reagan famously saying, ‘Mr. Gorbachev, if you don’t tear down this ****ing wall, I’m going to lose my ****!’”
---Seth Meyers

Trump at his press conference: “To be honest, I inherited a mess.”

Stephen Colbert: “No. You inherited a fortune. We elected a mess.”
---The Late Show

"At an international tennis match, U.S. officials accidentally played the Nazi national anthem. White House adviser Steve Bannon was outraged and said, 'We’re not rolling that out till August! C’mon!'"
---Conan O'Brien

"The White House 'counseled' Kellyanne Conway after she violated a federal ethics rule by promoting Ivanka Trump's clothing line on Fox News. Counseled? Her job title is literally ‘Counselor to the President.’ So Trump's White House is so dysfunctional his counselor needs a counselor. That's like your Uber driver asking you to get out and push."
---Michael Che, SNL

And eight years ago…

"How about President Barack Obama's first prime time press conference last night? He was cogent, eloquent, and in complete command of the issues. I'm thinking to myself, what the hell am I supposed to do with that?”
---David Letterman

US Sail Level 3 Coach
Popular Vote Loser News [Re: hobie1616] #285905
02/18/17 12:04 AM
02/18/17 12:04 AM
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

None dare call it treason: As the F...der the evidence that Trump is a traitor

In all, the Republican Party and its voters have abandoned their Cold War bona fides and their (somewhat exaggerated) reputation as die-hard enemies of Russia and the former Soviet Union. To borrow from the language of spy craft, it would seem that they have been “flipped” by Russian President Vladimir Putin.

In the midst of these not so new “revelations” about Michael Flynn and other members of Trump’s inner circle, the news media is now fixated on the Nixonian question: “What did the president know and when did he know it?” This question ought to not be treated like a mystery. The answer should be readily apparent because it is a direct reflection of Trump’s political and personal values.

Trump has repeatedly shown that he is a fascist authoritarian who admires political strongmen and autocrats such as Putin. In keeping with that leadership style, Trump has surrounded himself with family members and other advisers so as to insulate himself from criticism — and also to neuter any political rivals. In violation of the emoluments clause of the Constitution, Trump is also using the office of the presidency to personally enrich himself, his family members and other members of his inner circle, such as Secretary of State Rex Tillerson. Donald Trump also has a longtime pattern of open admiration for gangsters and organized crime.

In sum, Trump’s presidency has many of the traits of a criminal enterprise and a financial shakedown operation, masquerading as a democratically elected government.

In an earlier essay for Salon, I argued that for a variety of reasons that Trump can be considered a traitor to the United States. By that standard, his voters and other supporters who do not denounce him are also traitors, and any Republican officials who continue to back Trump are traitors as well.

Shwantz. Todd. Have you been flipped? Was it painful?

Where are my traitors?!?!

US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: Popular Vote Loser News [Re: Todd_Sails] #285907
02/18/17 12:42 AM
02/18/17 12:42 AM
San Diego, CA
P
Pressure Drop Offline
stranger
Pressure Drop  Offline
stranger
P

San Diego, CA
Hobie1616 do you ever tire of replying to your own posts over and over?

Re: Popular Vote Loser News [Re: Pressure Drop] #285911
02/18/17 01:39 AM
02/18/17 01:39 AM
Issaquah, WA, USA
H17cat Offline
old hand
H17cat  Offline
old hand

Issaquah, WA, USA
We can all cut and paste our favorite comments, but really. There is a lot more to do on West Maui.

Re: Popular Vote Loser News [Re: H17cat] #285921
02/18/17 08:22 AM
02/18/17 08:22 AM
Northfield Mn
Karl_Brogger Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Karl_Brogger  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Northfield Mn
Originally Posted by H17cat
We can all cut and paste our favorite comments, but really. There is a lot more to do on West Maui.

Apparently there isn't more to do.

I've had him on ignore for years. I only see mikeys posts when I want to. It's a much more pleasant experience.

I'm boatless.
Re: Popular Vote Loser News [Re: Karl_Brogger] #285922
02/18/17 08:39 AM
02/18/17 08:39 AM
Panama City, Florida
Redtwin Offline
addict
Redtwin  Offline
addict

Panama City, Florida
Originally Posted by Karl_Brogger

I've had him on ignore for years. I only see mikeys posts when I want to. It's a much more pleasant experience.

How do you add someone to your ignore list?

Rob V. Nacra 5.2 Panama City
Re: Popular Vote Loser News [Re: Karl_Brogger] #285929
02/18/17 01:25 PM
02/18/17 01:25 PM
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted by H17cat

It's mikey's Carl. Try to stay up.

When you smell something, say something.
---Jon Stewart

Donald Trump Calls The Media ‘The Enemy Of The American People’

On Wednesday the WH called the media the "opposition party." Today it is the "enemy of the American people."

On December 1972 tape, Nixon told Kissinger, “The press is the enemy, the establishment is the enemy, the professors are the enemy."

US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: Popular Vote Loser News [Re: Redtwin] #285930
02/18/17 01:33 PM
02/18/17 01:33 PM
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

This should make wing nuts everywhere happy, happy, happy!!

Ted Nugent, Alleged Draft Dodger, Weighs 2018 Senate Run

“If these GOP sonsabitches dont get it right this time I will come charging in as the ultimate WE THE PISSED OFF PEOPLE Mr FixIt Consitutional firebreathing shitkicker candidate from hell!” Nugent posted.

Nugent is perhaps best known for his 1977 interview with High Times, in which he said he avoided the Vietnam draft by defecating in his pants. Yep.

Wangy dang sweet poopytang.

US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: Popular Vote Loser News [Re: Karl_Brogger] #285931
02/18/17 01:41 PM
02/18/17 01:41 PM
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Alternate Facts

President Donald Trump’s administration labeled The Associated Press’s reporting on a leak “100 percent false” on Friday morning...

Facts

... only to acknowledge less than an hour later that the story was based on a real document.

Trump Team Denies Report On National Guard, Then Admits It Was Based On A Real Document

US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: Popular Vote Loser News [Re: hobie1616] #285932
02/18/17 01:44 PM
02/18/17 01:44 PM
Issaquah, WA, USA
H17cat Offline
old hand
H17cat  Offline
old hand

Issaquah, WA, USA
On Wednesday the WH called the media the "opposition party." Today it is the "enemy of the American people."

"We have met the Enemy, and He is Us" Pogo

Re: Popular Vote Loser News [Re: Pressure Drop] #285937
02/18/17 04:01 PM
02/18/17 04:01 PM
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

When the Maine Maniac says you've run off the rails you know you're in trouble.

Even Maine Gov. Paul LePage thinks President Trump needs to take charge of his administration

Last year he came under fire for claiming that heroin dealers with names like “D-Money, Smoothie, Shifty — these types of guys — they come from Connecticut and New York, they come up here, they sell their heroin, they go back home. Incidentally, half the time they impregnate a young white girl before they leave, which is a real sad thing because then we have another issue we have to deal with down the road.”

US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: Popular Vote Loser News [Re: hobie1616] #285938
02/18/17 04:04 PM
02/18/17 04:04 PM
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

"This just isn’t going to last long because he just doesn’t have control of reality."

“Morning Joe” reveals the secret panic of GOP lawmakers after Trump’s unhinged press conference

“The No. 1 story is the stability of the president of the United States. The first 35 minutes of that press conference was watching a president of the United States who has lost a grip on reality. It was as if he performed for himself because he needed to perform like that because he needed to convince himself he was president.”

US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: Popular Vote Loser News [Re: hobie1616] #285943
02/18/17 07:56 PM
02/18/17 07:56 PM
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

“Harry Potter” author J.K. Rowling tweeted: “Up until an hour ago, the scariest thing I’d ever watched was Psycho.

Was it more like 'SNL' or 'Dr. Strangelove'?

Trump referred to his Cabinet — from which National Security Advisor Michael Flynn was just fired — as a “fine-tuned machine,” called it the greatest Cabinet ever assembled (though it’s not fully assembled), asked an African American reporter if she could arrange a meeting between him and the Congressional Black Caucus, and accused Hilary Clinton of giving uranium to the Russians.

It’s doubtful if even Peter Sellers, who played President Muffley in “Strangelove,” could duplicate the sheer absurdity of the unscheduled, seemingly unending, presser.

US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: Popular Vote Loser News [Re: hobie1616] #285962
02/19/17 12:41 PM
02/19/17 12:41 PM
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Could one of you wingers go by the WH and take the popular vote loser out for lunch or a beer?

The Summary: Hair Führer vs. The Media

A Trump adviser tells us the president is experiencing acute “cabin fever” in the White House — hemmed in by headaches, unable to easily pop out to a restaurant the way he could in New York.

US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: Popular Vote Loser News [Re: hobie1616] #285963
02/19/17 12:50 PM
02/19/17 12:50 PM
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

You look at what's happening last night in Sweden! Sweden! Who would believe this, Sweden!
---Popular Vote Loser

This happened in Sweden Friday night, Mr President

3:24 PM (local time): A man set himself on fire at Sergels torg, a plaza in central Stockholm. He was taken to the hospital with severe burns. There is so far no information on his motives but the intelligence service is not part of the investigation.

6:42 PM: The famous singer Owe Thörnqvist had some technical problems during rehearsal for the singing competition ”Melodifestivalen”. (However, the 87 year old singer still managed to secure the victory the very next day.)

8:23 PM: A man died in hospital, after an accident in the workplace earlier that day in the city of Borås.

8:46 PM: Due to harsh weather in the northern parts of Sweden the road E10 was closed between Katterjåkk and Riksgränsen. Due to strong winds and snow in the region the Met office also issued an avalanche warning.

12:17 AM: Police officers initiated a chase for a fleeing Peugeot through central parts of the Swedish capital of Stockholm. The pursuit ended in police officers ramming the suspect at Engelbrektsgatan. The driver is now accused of driving under the influence, traffic violation and car theft.

IN LIGHTER NEWS:
11:23 AM: Ok, let’s not be fake news, this story took place in the autumn, but was reported Friday before lunch and we thought you would like it. A wooden moose got the attention of a lovesick moose bull. It all happened in 79 year old Ove Lindqvist’s garden in Byske outside Skellefteå, northern Sweden. ”I thought it was going to start a fight, instead it humped the wooden moose thrice”, he said.

This morning the survivors of the Bowling Green massacre announced they will be journeying to Sweden to show support for what is happening in that country. The trip came together quickly, soon after the president highlighted the terror that is occurring in Sweden because of their immigration policies. It was for the Bowling Green group nothing less than a call to arms to help and support their Swedish brothers and sisters in their hours of need.

“The parallels between the Bowling Green massacre and the terror in Sweden are extraordinary,” said one member of the Bowling Green group.

“I feel as the terror victims of Sweden and I exist in the same small universe,” said another.

The group expects to be welcomed by the Swedish government. “I have contacted them and they said we could get together and smoke a little something,” said the leader of the group. “An activity that I hope will bring us together in important ways. We share so much, we are in many ways the only ones who can understand each other.”

The group will then stop at Maro-Lago on the way home. “We won’t be able to get in of course,” the leader of the group said. “But we will hold a candle light vigil outside, across the water, eating Subway sandwiches. We just want the president to know we are there and we exist….at least in his own mind.

Do you understand why I'm laughing Hullflyer1?

US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: Popular Vote Loser News [Re: hobie1616] #285977
02/20/17 10:18 AM
02/20/17 10:18 AM
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: Popular Vote Loser News [Re: hobie1616] #285978
02/20/17 10:39 AM
02/20/17 10:39 AM
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Is Red State the bible for literate wing nuts? If it is there must be a few tin foil hats spinning.

And there is nothing more concerning than seeing all the rabid Trump fanatics, eating up this unconstitutional load of steaming horse crap that he’s feeding them, in small, manageable bites.

Trump’s Feud With The Media Needs To Stop Now

“I want to speak to you without the filter of the fake news,” Trump said to huge cheers.

Translation: I want to ladle raw sewage directly into your ears.

“The dishonest media, which has published one false story after another with no sources, even though they pretend they have them – they make them up in many cases. They just don’t want to report the truth.”

Almost as dishonest and false as promoting a story of a political opponent’s multiple affairs, with no sources. Or that part about all but directly accusing that same opponent’s father of being involved with the murder of a U.S. president. Also dishonest, false, and meant to harm a man’s family and their reputation.

“Many of our greatest presidents fought with the media and called them out,” Trump said, mentioning Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Jackson and Abraham Lincoln.

I know Thomas Jefferson had a rancorous relationship with the press, but rather than whine about “fake news,” he remained stoic and moored in principle.

“When the media lies to people, I will never, ever, let them get away with it. I will do whatever I can that they don’t get away with it,” he said. “They have their own agenda and their agenda is not your agenda.”

Their agenda is to report the news, so of course it’s not the same agenda. People have different jobs. Stop trying to work up an army of Brown shirts to burn down newspaper and cable news offices.

“But despite all their lies, misrepresentations and false stories they could not defeat us in the primaries or general election and we’ll continue to expose them as what they are and most importantly we’ll continue to win, win, win,” said Trump.

Because the media that you demonize now gave you several billion in free air time during the run up to the election. They couldn’t defeat you because they were working for you.

I don’t know about the win, win, win, but I am convinced that you will continue to be a fool, fool, fool until you get bored or Steve Bannon fires you.

US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: Popular Vote Loser News [Re: Redtwin] #285994
02/20/17 06:31 PM
02/20/17 06:31 PM
Northfield Mn
Karl_Brogger Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Karl_Brogger  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Northfield Mn
Originally Posted by Redtwin

How do you add someone to your ignore list?

I couldn't find the option looking for it now, but it's on here somewhere. It's worth the time spent searching

I'm boatless.
Re: Popular Vote Loser News [Re: Karl_Brogger] #285995
02/20/17 07:02 PM
02/20/17 07:02 PM
Panama City, Florida
Redtwin Offline
addict
Redtwin  Offline
addict

Panama City, Florida
Found it! Ah... the peace. I can start thinking of sailing again.

Rob V. Nacra 5.2 Panama City
Page 29 of 41 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 40 41

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 426 guests, and 69 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,404
Posts267,055
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022