06/12/05 02:23 PM
06/12/05 02:23 PM
Sebring, Florida.
Timbo Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
Timbo  Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel

Sebring, Florida.
Well, I just got into the pilot lounge in Atlanta, thanks for posting the pictures so quickly! (got up at 06:45 AMS time, now it's 9pm AMS time)

I had a great time, sorry I was not much conversation but by the time I hit the pillow at 10 pm I had been awake (sort of...) for 34 hours. Flying is fun...

I had a great time, thanks for your hospitality, the crew had fun too, thanks for being their tour guide and answering all their questions about the local area.

Too bad the surf was up so high. The pictures don't do it justice becuse of the distance from the camera but Sam, I wish you had come along so you could show us how it's done!

None of the locals were taking their cats out, they all have Kites for those days!

Like Governer Arnold says: I'll be back...and we will sail!

Thanks again and take care. Tim

Blade F16
Re: Holding pic 2 (no message) [Re: Timbo] #50553
06/12/05 06:43 PM
06/12/05 06:43 PM
Dublin, Ireland
Dermot Offline
old hand
Dermot  Offline
old hand

Dublin, Ireland
Hey Tim,Will you ever get to sail in Europe
I am sure that we will all do our best to get you out on the water soon.
I am just back from the Irish Western Champs sailed on Galway Bay. Light winds first day. Finished first day in 3rd place (equal points with 2nd)(light winds)More wind today - finished 4th overall. Huricane 5.9 SX (Spinnaker)1st, Tigers 2nd & 3rd. Spitfires 4th, 5th & 6th. Number 1 Son in 6th place (Spitfire) Number 2 Son 10th and 1st Dart 16 (Largest fleet). 26 Cat entry.
The Tybee DVD you sent me is very good and I have started reading the copies of "Catamaran Sailor" (Well done Mary)

Sam, Can you tell us why putting Wouter down is so important to you ?
Wouter is the first person to admit that he is not the greatest sailor, but he is a very enthusiastic organisor and I don't think that F16 would be where it is, if not for him.(And it is developing no matter what you say) (He is lucky to have other very enthusiastic organisors on all the continents.)
On other subjects you have helped posters with good friendly helpfull advice - what is your obsession with Wouter ?
From reading posts on this forum, (and receiving answers publically and privately)I have my own inpression and picture of the regular posters. By now, I can tell what someones reaction to a post is going to be. (Mary has already thought that my comment above about "Catamaran Sailor" is condescending )
So, in fact Sam, you are insulting the rest of us in assuming that we need you to help us get to know Wouter. By now we know him well, (we have read all his posts, just as you have) we know what to expect of him. But above all we respect him as someone who is always there to try and help newcomers to our sport.

Wouter, Sorry for speaking about you as if you were "out of the room".
You were right to save Tim for another day - those pictures of Texel were "Pure Carnage"

It's been a long weekend,
Goodnight,
Dermot.

Dermot
Catapult 265
Re: Holding pic 2 (no message) [Re: Dermot] #50554
06/12/05 10:12 PM
06/12/05 10:12 PM
Sebring, Florida.
Timbo Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
Timbo  Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel

Sebring, Florida.
Dermot, I'm sure it must be me, bringing bad sailing conditions where ever I go!

It's been raining non-stop here in Florida for over a week, and Hurricane Season is just begining...it could get very ugly with flooding if we don't get some relief soon. Floida is very flat so the water doesn't run right off, it pools up for days in some places.

Well, it can't last forever. I will be back to Dublin and Amsterdam in July or August or Sept. to sail for sure, I am looking for a good dry suit too.

Congratulations on the finishes, wish I could get some racing in too!

See you sometime.

Blade F16
No problem [Re: Dermot] #50555
06/13/05 04:33 AM
06/13/05 04:33 AM
North-West Europe
Wouter Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Wouter  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

North-West Europe
No problem Dermot.

When I was part of started up this thing I knew that I would be in for some abuse. Comes with being in a position like that. If one don't accept that than you are not cut out to build-up, guide or lead any project or team. Sometimes the critique is founded and sometimes it isn't, you can never be right all the time, and the only way to avoid both is to not do anything. Of course that is a selfdefeating solution.

I often get a good laught out of Sams postings and especially the replies he gets on them. He is pretty harmless, much like the guys preaching the end of the time on the street corners, trying to safe you. The fact that always the world still exits the day after shows the value of their sermons. By now we, as the F16 class, have survived tens of "the end is near" reports.

Now for something different.

Looks like you Spitfire guys really enjoyed yourselfs last weekend !

Ohh by the way : I wasn't saving Tim for another day, but rather my boat ! (No offense Tim )

Wouter

Last edited by Wouter; 06/13/05 04:41 AM.

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands
Re: typical weezer B.S. [Re: Wouter] #50556
06/15/05 10:12 AM
06/15/05 10:12 AM
samevans Offline
enthusiast
samevans  Offline
enthusiast

That is so typical of you weazey.
You try to hide behind the f16 class, as if that was the issue.
IT IS NOT!!!
Jalani brought the f16class into the discussion, not I.

The issue is your statements about the Texel and your lies about why you refuse to participate.
You started running your mouth about the Texel when you still sailed that leaky old Prindle 16, long before the f16class.
It wouldn't matter what class boat you were on, as long as you put yourself on the starting line.
Why won't you answer that simple question?

My computer will never run out of "ink".
So as long as you continue to lie and then avoid and hide from issues, I will keep typing and make sure that anyone who visits this forum will see you for what you really are.

Dermot,

You have followed in KW's footsteps by interjecting the f16class into any comments I make.

This discussion started about his not attending the Texel and that he planned an excuse thirty days ahead of time.
Of course he was dumb enough to keep posting and racing because he knew that none of his minions would even mention it and embarrass him.
This is not about his lack of skill (although he did brag about his skill in "bad-butt surf" on the general forum.
He announces to the world that he could have negotiated the surf at texel, but he couldn't make it to the race.
Instead he is standing next to the beach 60 miles away.
THIS IS ABOUT HIS PERSONAL ACTIONS NOT COMPLYING WITH HIS PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED PERSONAL PLANS(LIES).

I give all liars an oportunity to admit their "mistake' and come clean.
I don't post for those of you who are already brainwashed into weezerworld.
I post for the new visitor who needs to hear the truth.
If I ever say anything that isn't true, you simply have to prove it to embarrass me.
You can save the childish name-calling for someone else who might be intimidated by it.

blah blah blaah blah [Re: samevans] #50557
06/15/05 11:09 AM
06/15/05 11:09 AM
St Petersburg FL
Robi Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Robi  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

St Petersburg FL

Re: typical weezer B.S. [Re: samevans] #50558
06/15/05 11:18 AM
06/15/05 11:18 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sam, I'm really not sure why it's so deperately important to you to convince people that Wouter concocted an excuse for not sailing the Texel - noone else seems quite as exercised as you by such a possibility.

But if it would make you feel better, perhaps you could help out those of us who lack your powers of recollection - when exactly did Wouter say that his work project would prevent him from sailing Texel? Am I right that that's your point? Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the issue was finding a suitable crew. Does that seem unreasonable to you? As far as I recall, he expressed the view that his work situation would prevent him from devoting as much time to class activities as he normally does. By all means illuminate this further for us, but I'm just not seeing anything sinister there.

MMT

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH [Re: ] #50559
06/15/05 12:12 PM
06/15/05 12:12 PM
St Petersburg FL
Robi Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Robi  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

St Petersburg FL
Not only that, but what is the big deal? Appears to me that Sam is on a personal vendetta.

Who cares if Wouter is a liar or not. I do not know him personally and it really does not affect me directly.

Maybe Wouter said something a couple of years ago that pissed Sam off. SO WHAT! Get over it and carry on. Go sailing more often, its good for you.

Re: BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH [Re: Robi] #50560
06/15/05 03:12 PM
06/15/05 03:12 PM
Looking for a Job, I got credi...
scooby_simon Offline
Hull Flying, Snow Sliding....
scooby_simon  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Appears to me that Sam is on a personal vendetta.

Indeed, sad eh ?

Perhaps, If Wouter has so upset you Sam you should just ignore him.

We can all then get on and discuss sailing !

F16 - GBR 553 - SOLD

I also talk sport here
Re: pots calling kettle [Re: scooby_simon] #50561
06/15/05 04:11 PM
06/15/05 04:11 PM
samevans Offline
enthusiast
samevans  Offline
enthusiast

The real qustions are:

Why do all of you care what I have to say?

Why are all of you so obsessed with arguing with me?

Why in the world do you think you can change my mind about anything?

If you don't make any statements or accusations, then I don't have anything to contradict.
It is you who feed me and I am getting fat.
Keep talking

Re: BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH [Re: Robi] #50562
06/15/05 07:02 PM
06/15/05 07:02 PM
St Petersburg FL
Robi Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Robi  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

St Petersburg FL
but what is the big deal?
Let me quote myself Sam seems to me you only read what you want.

Re: BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH [Re: Robi] #50563
06/15/05 07:45 PM
06/15/05 07:45 PM
CraigO Offline
CraigO  Offline

You guys keep rising to the bait. You keep making the assumption that Sam actually gives a S**T about what you think.
He's is spot on about the Weez and his BS from Day one, If I owned an F16, the Weez is the last person I would want running my classes show.

Re: BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH [Re: CraigO] #50564
06/16/05 12:09 AM
06/16/05 12:09 AM
South Australia
Darryl_Barrett Offline
old hand
Darryl_Barrett  Offline
old hand

South Australia
Post away SAM, I for one love you, not anything that you say, but just the way that you single mindedly keep coming back and coming back and letting nothing that anyone else writes about you or writes about what you post, for one minute alter your steel trap mind set.
Then again I was completely enthralled by the writings of MIGHLETO on sailing anarchy. I read for months his unadulterated babblings concerning the science of MAC sailing (and the principles of boat design in general), and even with some of the best sailors, and yacht designers, in the world contradicting him at every ridiculous utterance that he made, he still stuck to his guns and posted and posted and posted.
You remind me a lot of him SAM (but whereas he did it politely you are very aggressive) and as such SAMMY I repeat I LOVE YOU BABY so keep posting and entertain me.

Re: BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH [Re: Darryl_Barrett] #50565
06/16/05 12:32 AM
06/16/05 12:32 AM
South Australia
Darryl_Barrett Offline
old hand
Darryl_Barrett  Offline
old hand

South Australia
A post script to my last posting SAM,
Could you please try to be a little more inventive with your tirades against Wouter?
Your first posts shocked people, then later angered, they are now only annoying to them, so if you keep on in the same vein then the impact will gradually slide into mild amusement followed by ridicule, Therefore to enable you to fully entertain me could you please "liven up" your act and find a "fresh" direction of attacking Wouter so that I won't have to look for a replacement "Court Jester"?

Re: BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH [Re: Darryl_Barrett] #50566
06/16/05 12:47 AM
06/16/05 12:47 AM
South Australia
Darryl_Barrett Offline
old hand
Darryl_Barrett  Offline
old hand

South Australia
I heard someone STAND UP for you the other day SAMMY, someone said that "you weren't fit to F' CK pigs!" and the guy that was standing up for you said, "that was wrong you were" - (fit to F' CK pigs) -

Re: pots calling kettle - Fat Sam [Re: samevans] #50567
06/16/05 03:23 AM
06/16/05 03:23 AM
Essex, UK
Jalani Offline
veteran
Jalani  Offline
veteran

Essex, UK
I am confused and puzzled

If you don't make any statements or accusations, then I don't have anything to contradict.

I'm not going to make any accusations but I will just make a few observations.

What is it with you Sam? Reading a lot of your past posts you've been helpful to many enquirers, you're obviously pretty knowledgeable and yet you seem to have become obsessed with attacking one person on an almost continuous basis for some distant slight. Apart from a passing view of each other at Spring Fever, I believe I'm right in saying that the two of you have never really met?

If it is generally accepted that you and Wouter will never agree (or let bygones be bygones), why not just stop? (both of you).

Squabbles amongst ourselves are divisive and unproductive, no one wins. Wouldn't it be much better for everybody (other people do read and use this forum too you know) if the two of you simply gave up on posting against each other?

Sam, your posts HAVE gone beyond being 'interesting', past being merely irritating and are now heading towards real annoyance. At this point any valid comment you may put forward will surely be lost - you can see that can't you?

Wouter, you've done great things in a short period for the F16 class, your posts are generally helpful and informative (if somewhat technical), but if your general posts are perceived as anti-american, biggotted, overly opinionated and/or highly critical then once again you'll lose a lot of your audience.

The place for private arguments such as we've seen is somewhere other than on this forum, where the majority of members are looking for good humoured banter, informed discussion and assistance with cat related problems/ideas.

Bury the hatchet boys and let's get back to sailing!

John Alani
Re: pots calling kettle - Fat Sam [Re: Jalani] #50568
06/16/05 05:58 AM
06/16/05 05:58 AM
scooby_simon Offline
scooby_simon  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I am confused and puzzled

I'm not going to make any accusations but I will just make a few observations.

What is it with you Sam? Reading a lot of your past posts you've been helpful to many enquirers, you're obviously pretty knowledgeable and yet you seem to have become obsessed with attacking one person on an almost continuous basis for some distant slight. Apart from a passing view of each other at Spring Fever, I believe I'm right in saying that the two of you have never really met?

If it is generally accepted that you and Wouter will never agree (or let bygones be bygones), why not just stop? (both of you).

Squabbles amongst ourselves are divisive and unproductive, no one wins. Wouldn't it be much better for everybody (other people do read and use this forum too you know) if the two of you simply gave up on posting against each other?

Sam, your posts HAVE gone beyond being 'interesting', past being merely irritating and are now heading towards real annoyance. At this point any valid comment you may put forward will surely be lost - you can see that can't you?

Wouter, you've done great things in a short period for the F16 class, your posts are generally helpful and informative (if somewhat technical), but if your general posts are perceived as anti-american, biggotted, overly opinionated and/or highly critical then once again you'll lose a lot of your audience.

The place for private arguments such as we've seen is somewhere other than on this forum, where the majority of members are looking for good humoured banter, informed discussion and assistance with cat related problems/ideas.

Bury the hatchet boys and let's get back to sailing!

Well said John.

F16 - GBR 553 - SOLD

I also talk sport here
Re: pots calling kettle - Fat Sam [Re: Jalani] #50569
06/16/05 06:13 AM
06/16/05 06:13 AM
Essex, UK
Jalani Offline
veteran
Jalani  Offline
veteran

Essex, UK
Just a quick Postscript to my earlier post:

A very apt quote from TODAY's Scuttlebutt:
THE LAST WORD
The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. --
Mahatma Gandhi

John Alani
Re: BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH [Re: Darryl_Barrett] #50570
06/16/05 08:39 AM
06/16/05 08:39 AM
South Australia
Phile Offline
journeyman
Phile  Offline
journeyman

South Australia
Darryl...sounds like you may have watched a re-run of that old classic, "Deliverance" on payTV of late, where one of the hillbillies makes reference to fornicating with a pig, I remember.

I am often amused by the amount of self censorship on this forum. A few choice expletives in the appropriate places adds colour and meaning to everyday conversation.

My understanding of the derivation of that old Anglo Saxon word, [censored], is that centuries ago, a bloke needed the approval of the king, or the king's representative, to marry his wench. On the wedding night they used to put a sign up on the nuptial door that read Fornicating Under the Consent of the King. Facinating how language has evolved over the years.

I suppose appropriateness is the key word. I have learnt never to swear at my crew, but I do swear at myself for making the wrong choice, or that bastard that has just tacked on top of me.

Phil

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Damon Linkous, phill, Rolf_Nilsen 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 682 guests, and 162 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,405
Posts267,056
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022