Originally Posted by Jake
Originally Posted by pgp
What's delusional about it? Lot's of people run marathons with no thought of qualifying for the Olympics.

Delusional that I might consider myself in contention for the Olympic spot without quitting my job (or taking a partial sabbatical). Your post said something about how it would be great to see regular joes duking it out for the Olympic spot. I'm a decent sailor but without a significantly more time on the water and an honest dedicated training / coaching effort, I'm not going to be skilled enough to be competitive with that crowd.

I think we're experiencing the short comings of inter net chats. Without seeing facial expressions and hearing inflexion much communication is lost.

IF there were a series of qualifying events it might be fun to see how far one might progress. In my case it wouldn't be very far and I wouldn't spend much time or money.

For me it's just sailing, I don't place nearly the importance on it that some of you do.

Currently, it's a moot point. There is no spot for us in the Olympics.

Last edited by pgp; 10/21/10 03:09 PM.

Pete Pollard
Blade 702

'When you have a lot of things to do, it's best to get your nap out of the way first.