Originally Posted by Jake
Originally Posted by TEAMVMG

Out of interest, part of the VMG team are currently in the middle East training with a Muslim national multihull squad that will be major players in world sailing very soon and what I say is true and should not be overlooked.

While that may be true, it opens a ginormous can of worms to put it on the table...the suggestion to consider this aspect of a mixed class proposal is to asking the ISAF and the Olympics to support the oppression of women. That will be a hard sell.

Or should ISAF support the discrimination of people’s religious beliefs. Your view on this matter (which I share) is in line with the majority of the Western World's view. However in my country it is also illegal to discriminate against someone’s religious belief. Can of worms goes both ways. ISAF could just as easily avoid it by deciding that Mixed is not in line with general Multihull sailing.

As for equipment, I agree. Get the Multihull over the line as either Men’s and Woman’s or Open. Not just a men’s event and not mixed if you can help it. Then worry about equipment. If it is the H16 then it is better than nothing, however would prefer to see the T or F20c.