I'm on record as thinking the T will be the Olympic boat, if only because it is arguably at the forefront (still) of being one of the coolest cats out there, and, as is obvious, the fleet knows how to be an Olympic class and has been there for a while.

Now, that said, I can see why the n20c would be a great boat for the Olympics (clearly it is bleeding edge cat design), but from a non cat sailor perspective, it is so new that maybe it is seen as too risky compare to the T (again, my opinion / hunch, I know you can poke holes in this).

Now, the Viper, hmmm, never even thought of that. If it came down to a H16 with spin or Viper, I would hope the entire cat world would get behind the Viper as IMO it would at least appeal to both non sailors and sailors as being a respectible boat. An H16? Maybe to non sailors, but any racing sailor knows that boat, as friendly as it is, is simply out dated (again IMO).

For me the real question comes down to Mixed vs Open vs Men / Women boats. I think mixed is an awful idea, open could work and maybe should focus on a boat like an F16 as to at least make it more likely you will have female teams, male teams, mixed teams. 50/50 split would mean two different boats, challenging to find two that would work I think.

My rant, hope we can keep this discussion as a discussion and not as some sort of cat fight (pardon the pun, couldn't help myself). As any infighting would certainly hurt cat sailing in the long run.