Pete, I agree completely but I don't think Joe Sixpack is going to go along with it. I look to Europe, where they have been "in business" a lot longer than our young country. You know that they shut down most of the place for the entire month of August, for their summer vacation, but also because most of their (much older) buildings don't have air conditioning. They use much more public transportation than we do, they drive much smaller cars than we do, and there is almost no such thing over there as a "pickup truck".

So how did they get so far ahead of us when it comes to public transportation and fuel efficient cars? TAXES. They pay nearly 100% tax on every gallon (I'm sorry, I should say Liter) of gas. Until our we Americans "Feel the Pain" like they have been feeling for many years now, I don't see us moving to their system, although we do see smaller cars and even hybrids being sold, finally. And what brought that about? PAIN at the pump.

So, I think the first step is for America to levy a 100% tax on fuels. Then watch how quickly industry and the consumers jump on the Green bandwagon!

Oh, after the hurricanes of 2004, I called BP Solar, to try to order some solar panels for my home. They said they are "Sold Out". I asked where all the solar panels were going and they said, "New Jersy, because of the 70% tax refund for installing solar panels!" So there you go, Tax incentives DO work!

And, I did some research on Wind Generators, the suppliers I talked to say Florida is a very light air state, they said you need an AVERAGE of 14 knots of wind to make them efficient and we only have 5-8 in Florida. Still, you could cover North Dakota with them and sell the electricity nation wide.

Last edited by Timbo; 03/26/07 08:32 AM.

Blade F16