Let me put it this way. Everytime there is a crises of some sort the need for a unifying organization comes up.
There were a handfull of us that consequently have layed out the groundwork for just such an organization. It is incorporated, has officers, has a constitution.
In other words, it is in place. In terms of a distance race like the upcoming Steeplechase, Tybee 500, Hogsbreath-Keys 100:
the boat is on the beach, sails are up, board in prep position, the gps has all the settings in it, the compass is on. All it needs is crew -- operators!

The few officers that we have held on.., after the firestorms died down and are still there, but fresh blood is very needed -- a transfusion. We pioneered the idea patterned after the original NAMSA of the 60's, but again, the boat needs a crew.

After ISAF declared itself a monohull organization and US Sailing helped them in their cause, and when folks on this Forum started talking of rebelling against US Sailing, I held my tongue. For I caught a lot of flack from a bunch of naysayers telling us the US Sailing is our answer.
Seems they are not, doesn't it.
Despite the hard work of John Williams and many others that are working with him, it seems they would do better if they had an army behind them.
We could build that army.
Rick

Rick White
Catsailor Magazine & OnLineMarineStore.com
www.onlinemarinestore.com