An existing company, let's say Hobie, could simply contract with an existing builder, Vectorworks perhaps; for a number of boats each year and simply "rebadge" the boats.
From a lurker's perspective
Let's say Hobie? Maybe never, or at least not for another three to five years, absolute minimum. The NA class association had enough power to squelch the addition of the spinnaker to the H16. They will try to protect this boat 'til death. H16's, as of now, can't be built fast enough to meet demand (local dealer ordered seven for this year, will receive two, five are on back order). Silently, among the Hobie class racers, your support is building. I'd say you have at least a 20% approval rating now. Mind you, at some point, people will make a move. Don't change a thing!!! As Mary stated (in another thread) the current weight is a HUGE selling point. USA Hobie sailors don't need a EU made boat, too costly, and for the simple exchange rate (dollars) reason I doubt the Tiger will ever approach any appreciable share of the overall Hobie Class racing. Will Performance offering an F16 sway any of the Hobie class, maybe, but doubtful. The infrastructure is what's hard to replace. I say hold your ground and be patient, follow the growth of the A Class. At some point (hopefully sooner than later) the F16 may be considered as a step up from the H16 and make sense to Hobie...hopefully.

The "threat", if you can call it that, is to the Tiger. The F16 solves the crew/weight issue.

I think the H-16 will be around a long, long time.