I too am deeply concerned about the Olympic issue and am passionate about multihull sailing. But like Mary, I don't write letters to my folks via snailmail, much less to the IOC.

So I went to US SAILING Board of Directors and found all of the directors with their email contacts. I then crafted the following letter...

Dear Mr. Stump --

I am writing to request reconsideration of US SAILING's vote to exclude a multihull class from the 2012 Olympic games. As a long-standing member of US SAILING, and someone who sails/races both keelboats and multihulls, I respectfully ask that you and your/our organization do everything possible to get ISAF and the IOC to reconsider their decision and to reopen the discussion of equipment/classes to be used at the 2012 Olympics so as to include multihull sailing.

Multihull sailing represents a significant percentage of sailors. To exclude multis from the Olympics is to disenfranchise a significant percentage of sailors. In addition, multihull racing is one of the most exciting classes. The speed these boats go provides incredible excitement for the viewing public.

At a time when sailing is being viewed as too boring for TV coverage, it is imperative that we introduce new concepts to "liven up the action". The inclusion of a Gold Medal round on the last day with double points is an excellent start. Keeping the fast-paced multihulls is another important element.

I recognize there are large costs associated with supporting sailing at the Olympic games, and that difficult decisions need to be made. I simply ask you to work to save multihulls because I believe they will ultimately save sailing in the Olympics.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Of course, I substituted each "Dear ---" to personalize it. I copied and pasted the text of the letter into the 15 emails. I had to type a subject line in each message -- I used "Multihulls in the Olympics". I then sent all 15 messages. Total time spent was about 10 min. Now THAT I can do!

How about YOU????

My letter isn't the best. But if you don't want to write your own, then borrow mine. The link to the email addresses is right in this message. You have everything you need to take some action NOW! So quit your whining and start sending emails!!!

Time Warp Racing
Hobie 14, 16, & 17, Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45.2