A couple of things. First he said it was out of his hands after the rudders were out. This is a fair enough insight but to bear away and not trim BEFORE stuffing was a probability is a newbie mistake.

The idea these guys are going to try and get mono sailors up to speed so to speak defies any common sense.
It is like taking a rally driver and putting him into a Formula one car and asking him to compete with drivers who have been in the cars for years.

The technical term for that I think is STUPID.

It just shows the astonishing arrogance of the mono guys.

I can just see them trying to come down late when they realize they won't go across the top of a starboard boat, accelerating but not being able to get it to answer the helm enough and slicing right through the starboard boat! Excellent TV indeed!

I hadn't really pondered it before - but you're absolutely right. These guys are crazy if they think the monohull skippers who are used to having tons of lead under them are going to be able to seamlessly transition to boats as light, nimble, overpowered, and unforgiving as multi-hulls. Clearly in this case, the sails weren't eased enough for a bare-away manuever...we've all probably been there and done that a time or two on our relatively tiny personal multi-hull monsters.

So who do you get that can drive you beast around the course and be as fast or faster than anyone out of the box? (Smyth/Booth/me/etc.)

Jake Kohl