And a ginpole makes it even easier.

I used to use one on my TheMightyHobie18.( An E-Z mast stepper ). Yes they do make stepping easier but they take about 15 minutes or more to get on your boat properly and my rigging time is already over an hour. I have so many lines, wires and "stuff" goin on at the front of my cat with my spin, anchor lines, bridal etc… getting in there to fiddle with the mounting of the ginpole is a pain and a ½.

Another problem with that is my trailer is set up to put my boat on sterns facing my car. This allows me to have the mast at an angle for easier stepping and i would have to move the "trailer beams" around since the rear ones have cradles and not rollers.

I have found with a “helper” line tied to my halyard, If I find someone on the beach to give me a little help the line… it is much more manageable. I can handle it without to much a risk of a hernia.

I was just curious about the carbon mast. I can’t see spending 2x on the mast, compared to what I paid for the entire catamaran… but I can always dream.