It is always somebody else his fault right ? Never your own !

You would maybe have a point if you were adviced to get alu while the persons doing the advising had carbon themselves. But as a matter of fact neither the designer of the Blade F16, the builders VWM, Australian Formula cats and AHPC nor I myself are sailing with anything other the alu.

Forgive us for advising something to you that we felt was good enough for ourselves !

I'm sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with the Alu superwing mast, that you are unable to build down to minimum weight, that the Pixie and F12 are alot easier and quicker to construct. I'm sorry to hear that this will be end of F16 in Finland, but you really can't lay this on our doorstep. There is such a thing as your own responsibility in these matters. Hell, we also weren't there to tell you that you should have bought a Toyota instead of an Opel automobile.

I'm truly sorry Gato, I'm very happy with my 121.8 kg homebuild F16 with an alu mast and 8.3 kg tipweight. It is the right boat for me and I've never gone this fast on the water for an investment of 12.000 Euro's. If your threshold of satisfaction is so much higher then mine (or others like the Blade F16 designer) then I guess we just have a difference of opinion and the F16 class is not for you.

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands