Why is this so difficult?

Jake,

This is a decision I make on my own in an effort to change what I and others percieve as a chronic lack of respect for the multihull community at the highest levels within US Sailing. I made a very focused effort to contact and engage US Sailing regarding this issue on behalf of the class I represent. US Ssiling's president and its board of directors have chosen not to acknowledge or respond.

Therefore, I see no other way to get their attention than to deny them the use of my membership dues. I believe the USACA will handle a mandatory US Sailing membership requirement for racing in its own way if and when that becomes an issue.

I would appreciate no preaching to me about how I am potentially hurting the Alter Cup or the Junior Multihull Championship. An economic boycott is typically quite effective when change is required and IMO a major change of attitude is long overdue at US Sailing.

In fact, I believe it would send an incredibly strong message to US Sailing if both the 2009 Alter Cup and the 2009 Junior Multihull Sailing Championship were boycotted by the US multihull community.

Bob Hodges

Bob,

I'm sorry - I see that my short reply was easily misinterpreted. That was directed at US Sailing as to why something so simple and so clear is so impossibly difficult (multihulls in the olympics - mandatory membership that affects local organizations). Bob, I have the greatest respect for you and everything you do for multihull sailing and meant you absolutely no disrespect. Though I will continue my US Sailing membership because I believe in the championship that I work for, I do not find any fault in your position.

Jake Kohl