Unlike the Gulf Yachting Associatinon. My RSA, CBYRA will go along with US Sailing. See below

Mark, thank you for forwarding the Multihull position letter. CBYRA met with Jim Capron at our last meeting on May 20th. We invited him to explain US Sailings position and for us to share our concerns with respect to the effect on CBYRA. I felt our meeting was productive.

After Jim left, the Board reviewed the meeting and decided the following:

1. There is little doubt that US Sailing will adopt the mandatory membership requirement for individuals who are in charge of or will take the helm of a boat entered in an event governed by the RRS.

2. There will be certain exception to this requirement as yet undefined. It is safe to assume most weekend events will not be exempt.

3. The make-up of YRA’s and Class affiliations are different, so adding language to the purposed prescription to benefit all (for instance one price covers class, YRA & US Sailing) is problematic.

4. CBYRA has the same problems with respect to declining membership and increased costs to provide member expected services.

5. CBYRA duplicates many overhead costs with US Sailing such as collecting dues that should be able to be shared to reduce costs.

6. Both CBYRA and US Sailing need to do a better job of advertising what we do. If people understood everything we do, this issue would probably be mute.

As a result of the meeting, CBYRA has set up a committee to explore the possibilities of reduced cost joint CBYRA/ US Sailing membership that would benefit all parties involved. Again, we believe this prescription will pass and the most productive thing we can do for our members is to work with US Sailing to mitigate costs and maximize benefits.

With respect to the Multihull position on Rule 75, I personally think there reasoning is flawed. However that is what we have Judges for, and that will make for some interesting reading in the future.

Thank you again for your comments and keeping us informed.

Bobby Frey

President

CBYRA

crac.sailregattas.com