tell me what exactly does USSA do to "organise US championships".. Apart from rubber stamping?

They assist in the financing of the event. e.g. Alter Cup.

Again in general I feel this is another "nancy pansy" reply to USSA initiatives and screwing cat sailors in general.

Please tell us why the dropping of the only cat class in the Olypmics was a shared Hobie and USSA goal?

Dropping the Tornado class from the Olympics is certainly not a goal of the Hobie Class Association of North America. (Speaking as a board member)

Just another missed opportunity by a leading cat class organisation.. When will the official "international classes" leadership get a backbone?

Hmmm. I see this as more like pragmatic, constructive engagement with U.S. Sailing - pointing out that the mandatory membership just doesn't make sense for the Hobie Class Association in North America - rather than trying to link the rejection of mandatory membership for skippers to the dropping of the Tornado class from the Olympics. Bob is the leader of the class in North America - not the leader of the IHCA.

Chris Green
Chair, Division 6

Dave Ingram is my president. tcdyc rules