This man speaks the truth!

First off let me thank you all for your replies and input. I can tell that this place has a lot of great folks and a wealth of knowledge to draw on.

I went and checked out TurboCat's boat last night, an '83 Nacra 5.0 that apparently talks! We spent upwards of an hour and a half going over the boat, the trailers and just shooting the proverbial four letter word. He was kind enough to offer to hold onto the boat for a week for me, even though he said he was getting calls left and right for it.

He even got a call after midnight. The way he described it, the heavy beathing on the other line, makes me wonder if it was someone wanting the boat or just a stalker but hey.

Not only was he willing to sit on it for a week, but he's offered to help fix up the trailers, help put a hitch on my subaru, and do some odds and ends on the boat.

I've talked with a handful of cat guys in the area, including TurboCat, and if they are any indication of the type of cat people I will meet wherever the Army takes me than I can't wait to get started.

Here's a question I think both Turbo and I would be interested in asking. He has a light duty cat hauler, and a heavy duty power boat trailer set up for a cat. He thought the HD trailer would be better to haul a cat on because it would not flex the hulls as much while traveling since the trailer frame is more rigid. Seems like sound reasoning to me.

However he says most guys in his area use the light duty trailers. He's giving me both in the sale, and I was wondering which one would be better for a trip from Houston to Chicago. The HD needs springs, wheels and bearings, and the axle looks a bit rusty. It's set up for a cat but I think Turbo saw a problem with the wheel touching the bottom of the hull if the springs flexed enough. He recommended smaller wheels. I don't recall what size is on there now.

The cat hauler is good to go. I would get wheels and bearings but other than that it's ready for the road.

What do you think the best option would be? I'm hoping that selling whichever one I don't use will pay for the extra gas to tow a boat 1100 miles.

Pics of the trailer and boat are here
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b12/DangerMouse_06/Boats/

thanks again