Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

or if you don't have an A-cat at all and just wants those poor bastards to pay for foil deveolpment that you can pick later on for your own class.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think you have a good point there. Easy to have adamant opinions when you dont risk anything.

What a load of crap. We all know who is adressed here and it is simply not truthful.

When we wrote the F16 class rules we specifically DID NOT rule out any hydrofoil devices. We specifically written the rules such that T-Foil rudders and such were allowed. In fact, all the way up to last years ballot (were I voted against the rule change) the F16 class had significantly more open rules regarding foiling then the A's. And indeed, items like T-foils were implemented. During the framing of the rules we regarded it as an attractive refinement on a short hulled boat; much as Luiz is quoting about the ability of angled foils to improve seaworthyness.

So for 6 years we (I) did indeed run the risk and I'm personally still willing to run it now. I feel the F16 ballot last year was heavily inspired by what went on in the A-class rules which I feel is largely based on fear and not technical reality. I'm very much opposed to such crossovers and actually have written a parting brief specifically addressing such a travisty (before the ballot was held).

Hakan, find something else to hit me with because this simply won't fly.

Lets get away from trying to discredit any given person by quoting falsehoods and progess the discussion with scientific arguments.

Wouter

Last edited by Wouter; 07/03/08 05:36 AM.

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands