Humm, have you ever seen me run-away, Stephen ?

Well, allow me to clearify may earlier statements.

It is as I have written in the later posts. I have little appreciation for A-class members who don't really understand that the A-class is a full-on development class and can be seen to prefer tighter rules and banning of experiments that have not yet proven to work or be a giant leap forward.

My very first statement was intented to convey that, but I see that it partly fails on that account. So consider that corrected.

I'm personally of the strong conviction that the A-class should remain as it was somewhere in the middle of the 90's. I truly believe that to be its strong point and indeed its selling point and path into future succes. I also feel that much of the "obseleteness around the corner" scares are largely unfounded.

The hydrofoil rules should be dropped in my opinion as it is will technically speaking very challenging to make it work with sufficient gains anyway. Much like Ben Hall's solid wingsail. Indeed, I'm in favour of removing similar rulings from other classes as well include the one my persona is often associated with.

I truly don't understand why the A-class would allow items like carbon masts in the past but not allow "vertical lift" producing foils. This seems inconsistant with their philosophy and indeed history to me. In the words of another poster, how many giant improvements in A-cat design are we still expecting. The beast has already been refined for over 40 years now. The changes of any breakthrough are much reduced now simply because the "standard" performance is already so increadiably high.

On the other hand, "attacking a class and members" is an weak ploy when debating a given topic. But since when have we all grown such weak persona's that we can't take a little heat in the discourse of a debate ? I think I'm coping with alot more of that without a single compliant. Am I such a hardened individual or are you all just such fragile souls ?

Wouter

Last edited by Wouter; 07/02/08 07:35 AM.